Web / Application Programmer
Position: Web / Application Programmer
Status: Full time Employee
Salary: Base Salary + Full Benefits Package (Med, Dental,401k)
Job Location: Los Angeles
Reports to: Ecommerce Manager
Four Seasons General Merchandise (4sgm.com) is the ultimate ONE STOP shopping source for all general merchandise needs. We are the renowned leader in the general merchandise industry and supply our products to chain stores, gift shops and discount stores both offline and online. Our brand name, licensed and private label products are sourced locally and internationally. Our customers are likewise located within the United States as well as overseas. We stock over 10,000 carefully selected items covering over 50 different categories. We stand by the quality of our products and always strive to bring innovative items to the marketplace which, cover a variety of categories. Our showrooms and website 4sgm.com display an incredible collection of new and unique items with demonstrated superior quality and instant availability.
We are looking for talented developer to join our web and application development team;
This is a full time position with benefits including medical insurance and paid vacation.
Assist with creating dynamic, interactive, and customizable websites as a part of our web design team. Develop, test, debug, troubleshoot and documents application programs and scripts for various functions. Change and modify existing code to add new features.
1. Maintaining existing applications and new software.
2. Codes new applications programs and revises existing programs to meet desired user functionality
4. Debugging and repairing complex code problems, making major code enhancements and developing new major programs.
5. Creating well-written and comprehensive documentation.
6. Other special projects and/or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
1. 4-year Computer Science or related degree (or higher).
2. 2+ Year developing and deploying J2EE applications, including the understanding of client and server-side applications, web servers and databases.
4. Expertise in the back-end development: Oracle database development, SQL, unix scripts, web services etc.
5. Experience with UML modeling
6. Experience in test driven development using tools like JUNIT
7. Knowledge of Content Management and E-Commerce.
8. Intershop Enfinity Suite 6 experience is a plus
9. Familiarity with search engine optimization (a plus).
10. Familiarity with the Linux environment, Oracle Database (a plus).
Please e-mail resume with salary history and requirements indicating “Web / Application Programmer Position” in the subject line. No calls or walk-ins will be accepted.