The Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation (OEIE) in Manhattan, KS is seeking applicants for a full-time Web/Database Developer to expand its web application and database development team. Successful applicants should have experience building data management systems in a PHP/MySQL environment. As part of the OEIE web and database development team, this position will collaborate with other programmers, evaluators, and project coordinators to build innovative and user-friendly data collection and reporting systems that will assist and enhance evaluation efforts. Additionally, the successful applicant must be a team player with the ability to work within a diverse and changing, dynamic, and professional environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent work experience
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences, with attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- At least 2-3 years of web development experience in a PHP + SQL environment
- Solid foundation in relational database theory and use
- Solid foundation in principles of agile software development with the ability to adapt to specific coding conventions
- Programming experience using PHP Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
- Experience with “agile” software development methodologies
- Experience with a variety of back-end SQL database systems
- Experience with website design and web server configurations
- Experience writing code to streamline data analysis tasks in Microsoft Excel or other related applications
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000
Appointment Conditions: Term 12-month appointment contingent upon continued availability of funding and the need for these services.
- Submit a cover letter addressing how your qualifications and skills relate to the position.
- Submit a resume or curriculum vita listing education, employment history, and other relevant professional information.
- Submit the names, phone number, and email address of three professional references.
- Submit unofficial transcript
E-mail application material to: oeie @ ksu.edu Subject Line: Web/Database Developer
ATTN: Web/Database Developer
Office of Educational Innovation & Evaluation (OEIE)
Kansas State University
2323 Anderson Avenue, Suite 220
Manhattan, KS 66502
Application Screening: Screening of applications will begin on November 13, 2013 and continues until position is filled.
For more information about our office and related projects, please visit our web site at: http://www.ksu.edu/oeie/.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background check required.