Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator in Patuxent River, Maryland. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential
Position Title: Windows Administrator
Security Clearance: Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance
Location: Patuxent River, MD
Job Description: The System Administrator for the Data Center Operations Team will have experience building, configuring, and troubleshooting systems in a windows and virtual environment. This individual must work in accordance with NAVAIR and DISA policy, and industry best practices.
- Installing, configuring, and managing the Windows Server operating systems and related tool sets supporting NAVAIR Data Center. This includes gathering requirements, developing and conducting design reviews, along with "as approved" implementations within the mainstream corporate infrastructure.
- Keeping servers "compliant" per NAVAIR and DISA policies to include backup and disaster recovery requirements, anti-virus protection, and implementing system security.
- Maintaining the information on the Knowledge Base site.
- Producing documentation that details and describes the systems, procedures, events, and any associated processes.
- Building new infrastructure servers.
- Maintaining, tuning, and patching systems for optimum performance and security.
- Migrating or upgrading systems, where applicable.
- Using the HEAT helpdesk tool for planned system outages or changes.
- Responding to system failures promptly to bring applications back online.
- Maintaining the operational status of servers and providing print support.
- Participating in monthly routine maintenance tasks.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or high school diploma and the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 1-2 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Experience with Windows 2003/2008 Server to include the build, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as addressing, service requests, routine sever maintenance (firmware, failures, hardening, etc.), and server consolidation.
- Participation in the development, implementation, and adherence to Technical Services documentation, system standards, policies and procedures.
- Experience with Windows Server Operating Systems Security Compliance.
- The ability to work independently, on a virtual team, and the ability to lead others.
- Knowledgeable of hardware and software troubleshooting methods.
Position Type: Full-Time
Apply: To submit your resume and application for consideration please visit our website at www.scipax.com/careers.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.