ProSoft Technology has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Engineer, located at our office in Madison, WI.
Within this role you will be responsible for providing support for a vast range of industrial communication products in various industries.
ProSoft Technology equipment is typically found interfacing Allen-Bradley, Schneider Electric, and Siemens PLC processors with various field devices in the oil and gas, packaging, power, and water/wastewater industries, just to name a few. We offer a complete line of Industrial Wireless solutions including frequency hopping, 802.11 a/b/g/n, and industrial cellular products.
As a Product Support Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring success for the installation of our products in a customer application. This includes the setup and configuration, debug and troubleshooting, and working with all groups internally within the company to achieve success. As a Product Support Engineer you are the primary contact with the end user and responsible for bringing the customer thoughts and experiences to other groups throughout the company, making our products and overall experience of using our products better for all.
Primary job duties include:
- Pre & Post-sales technical support interfacing ProSoft Technology products with industrial automation equipment from various manufacturers.
- Integration of various industrial applications & hardware platforms. Candidate should be comfortable with Ethernet network configuration and troubleshooting of communications issues and ladder logic programming.
- Candidate must be able to provide support to end users on a variety of issues; identifies, researches, and resolve technical problems as well as documenting and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Candidate shall be willing to interface with various departments throughout the company such as Engineering, Manufacturing, and Marketing to present field observations from our customers to various groups within the company.
- Should be familiar with one or many of the following applications: RSLogix 500, or 5000, RSLinx, RSView, RSNetworx, Concept, Unity, Step7. Experience with industrial wireless applications will also be helpful.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to manage multiple tasks independently, adapting to shifting priorities.
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or relevant engineering fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Some travel will be required for this position.
Indeed - 18 months ago