Company: Summit Design Studio
Company Website: www.summitdesignstudio.com
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
Work Experience: 3+ years
Hourly rate: $ 30/hour
Application Deadline: October 26, 2012
EXCITING JOB OPENING:
Summit Design Studio is a WordPress Web Design Firm serving businesses in Central Pennsylvania. We are currently looking for a talented part-time web designer and developer passionate about building awesome WordPress websites. Must live in the United States.
Summit Design Studio is located in Lewisburg, PA. Summit is a well established web design firm getting ready to celebrate its 10th year in business. We specialize in building beautiful, world class, WordPress sites that focus on growing our clients’ businesses. People choose Summit because we have a results driven focus, proven experience, beautiful looking designs and projects that are delivered on time and on budget. In addition, we are committed to providing outstanding quality. We have standard operating procedures in place and use checklists to create sites that are standards compliant, adapt easily to mobile devices, show up well on Google and pass our rigid quality checks.
The Web Designer & Developer is responsible for the development and design of WordPress websites. For each new website project, the you will begin by participating in a face-to-face kick-off meeting with the client and Summit Project Manager. During the kick-off, we create a detailed Project Plan to define the requirements such as the pages to be built, the custom post types to be created, the plugins to be installed/configured, the list of content to be delivered by the client, etc. In most cases, you will create the WordPress site using Summit’s “K2” framework which provides a drag and drop, visual interface to add components to the page, create custom sidebars, create online forms, and much more. On occasion, our graphic designer can assist by designing homepage banner images and/or other graphics for the site. You will be using our ActiveCollab project collaboration software in order to push projects forward on a daily basis. You will utilize WebEx phone conference/screen sharing software in order to communicate frequently with the client. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Works 3-4 hours each weekday from anywhere
- Responsible for the design and development of web pages and graphics.
- 50% front-end design, 50% back-end coding
- Operates effectively as a member of the development team.
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Utilizes screenshots and wireframes where appropriate to communicate clearly with the client and Project Manager.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications. Minimum of 3 years of web design and development experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Portfolio/work examples showcasing web/interface design examples
HOW TO APPLY:
We will not be considering any applicants who do not have coding skills. Please be sure you send links to your portfolio, or links to recent projects and your involvement in each along with your resume.
- PART-TIME POSITION, PLEASE NO CONTRACTORS/FREELANCE
- MUST LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES