Position: Youth Pastor – Part Time
Salary: $7200 annually
Hours: 10-15 hours weekly, depending on schedule
Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
1) The Youth Pastor will be responsible for planning and leading weekly youth meetings. These meetings will follow the format agreed upon by the Senior Pastor and the Youth Pastor. Meetings will be at least one hour and will focus on issues pertinent to today’s youth such as peer pressure, exploring God’s nature, faith and social media, etc.
2) The Youth Pastor will plan and supervise a monthly recreational activity for the youth. Youth Pastor will contact potential chaperones as needed.
3) The Youth Pastor will oversee, with the help of volunteers coordinated with the church Christian Education Board, a bi-monthly service project with the youth. This will most often be the preparation of a meal for Friendship House, though others projects may be possible.
4) The Youth Pastor will meet monthly with a member of the Christian Education board and the Senior Pastor to evaluate and plan upcoming youth activities.
5) The Youth Pastor will set up and maintain appropriate social media accounts to promote youth activities and enhance communication with youth.
6) The Youth Pastor will supervise the participation of the youth in occasional all-church activities such as the Christmas Pageant. There will be no more than four of these occasions per year.