The YU Count Manager is responsible for supervising YU Count youth workers and overseeing all data and research projects. The YU Count Manager will work closely with youth workers to ensure 100% accuracy in all projects before the completed projects are submitted to the client. The YU Count Manger is responsible for youth worker schedules, verifying and approving youth worker time sheets maintenance of personnel records and project records, managing the full employment cycle of youth workers. The YU Count Manager is responsible for assisting with the Marketing and Promotion of the Business. The YU Count Manager is under the direct supervision of the Chief of Social Enterprises.
Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- Market and promote YU Count to increase client pool and retain existing client pool.
- Provide client relationship management and act as liaison with client to resolve client complaints.
- Manages youth workers engaged in various levels of data management and data analysis projects that include compiling, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting of data for YU Count clients.
- Oversee youth workers that may have responsibilities to prepare, verify, and manage research data sets from YU Count client’s per provided specifications.
- Participate in full project lifecycle by providing oversight, guidance and ensuring quality assurance, and creation of final deliverables according to project specifications and deadlines.
- Manages, participates and coordinates the development and implementation of new/revised processes and procedures, such as developing new YU Count policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of youth workers.
Qualification and Competency Requirements
- 5 or more years of experience performing qualitative analysis, preferably for a large corporation or a technology based company; experience working with youth ages 18-24, preferably in an on-the-job work training program or youth center environment.
- Ability to work both independently, and as project lead.
- Knowledge of safe working practices and first aid.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License, Clean DMV record and personal auto insurance are required.
- Bi-lingual language capacity is desirable.
YU Work Manager Competencies
ADMINISTRATIVE & TECHNOLOGICAL SKILLS
Planning * Organizing, * Scheduling * Documentation and record keeping * Computer software skills * SQL skills * Query large and complex data sets * Microsoft, Excel, (including pivoting capabilities and analysis) Bing, Manta, and Social Media * Ruby competence * HTML 5 * COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Open communication * Concise messages * Seek clarifications * Recognize nonverbal signals * Seek mutual understanding * Interpersonal skills * Mutual cooperation * Trust development * Listening skills * CUSTOMER SERVICE
Empathy * Courtesy * Follow-up * Problem resolution * Treat others with dignity and respect * Professional appearance and demeanor * Managerial Competencies
Visionary * Articulates goals and objectives and their value * Acts as a positive catalyst for change * Models desired behaviors * Able to inspire and organize others * Builds on strengths and facilitates growth in areas of weakness * Seeks input, assesses risks and makes decisions * Problem solving approach to challenges * INSIGHT/ DISCERNMENT
Able to acutely observe and insightfully perceive a situation and/or character * Emotionally intelligent and able to reflect on feelings, motives and needs * Demonstrates good instincts regarding long term impact and implications * MOTIVATIONAL POWER
Able to articulate goals, build excitement and motivate others to do their best * Able to move people beyond their comfort zone and inspire them to take strategic risks * Elicits other people’s realization of their maximum potential * Motivates people to be phenomenal team members * Instills a sense of ownership and investment in the larger vision * Delegates and builds the leadership of others * Inspires others to go ‘over and above’ and feel good about it * PATIENCE
Able to maintain composure and endure under difficult circumstances * Compassionate, especially regarding long term challenges * Able to withhold judgment/conclusion and take time to inquire into the causes of a situation * Able to manage expectations and measure success over the long haul * PROFESSIONALISM
Adheres to the highest ethical and organizational standards * Best practice approach to work * Dependability, rooted in a reliable continuity of presence, principles and actions * Continuously seeks excellence in what we do and how we do it * SENSE OF HUMOR
Able to be real * Able to see the lighter side of difficult situations * Ready to laugh * Core Competencies Require of All YU Employees
Strong work ethic * Results oriented * High energy * High integrity * Reliability * Committed to Excellence * Takes initiative and gets things done * Demonstrated success in an entrepreneurial setting, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource constrained environment * ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
Detail oriented * Tracks results * Demonstrates good work habits * Effectively uses their and other people’s time * Comes to tasks/meetings well prepared * Has basic computer skills * Develops efficient systems, processes and tools * FLEXIBILITY
Adapts to new information or circumstances * Willing to wear many ‘hats’ to get the job done * Creative in troubleshooting and finding solutions * Able to flourish in a fluid environment * POSTITIVE ATTITUDE
Able to maintain composure, hope and a sense of humor amid challenges * Able to remain positive and see solutions among difficult issues * Stamina * Able to manage and diffuse stress * SOCIAL SKILLS
Able to work with a variety of people * Able to communicate with respect and clarity * Open to different viewpoints * Able to disagree without animosity * Self aware * Compassionate * Collaborative * Able to give and receive candid feedback * A role model * CRITICAL THINKING
Thinks interdependently, framing the goals of one department/project within the entire vision * Sees current issues and challenges within a broad framework * Makes decisions that have the greatest long and short term positive impact * Thinks ‘outside the box’ – beyond given paradigms * Able to access resources (money, people) to advance solutions * Able to reflect on and improve both content and delivery * Open to developing awareness of the structural factors (socioeconomic context) impacting our communities * HOW TO APPLY: E-mail your resume with the position title in the subject line to: talent @ youthuprising.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 21, 2012
BENEFITS: Youth UpRising provides 100% employer paid premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life/AD&D, a 401K Retirement Plan w/profit an annual profit sharing contribution, pre-taxed Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, and AFLAC. All employee benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Youth Uprising is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Youth Uprising strives to reflect the diverse community it serves.
Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.