"I have been a presence at the table for over fifteen years of professional IT practice. I move the strategic and practical agendas to implement durable and well-positioned enterprise solutions."
SOLUTIONS ARCHITECTURE: Exceptional record of designing, proposing, and implementing durable platform solutions. Utilized relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL), customer service systems (Genesys, Siebel), telecommunications systems (Avaya/Nortel, Siemens, Cisco), enterprise operating systems (IBM AIX, Windows Server), and desktop software (Windows, IE, Visual Basic, .Net). Solutions involved high availability (24/7) and disaster recovery methods, integration with vendor and home-grown software, data mining and business intelligence. Solutions were applied to the health insurance, financial services, and software industries, and served up to 1000 users with global access to software capabilities. Clients have included Intel, Vanguard, BlueCross BlueShield.
SR. SYSTEMS and BUSINESS ANALYSIS: Spearheaded discovery engagements for systems projects, documented business concerns and technical deliverables, and negotiated solutions. Conducted installation, configuration, and integration of software systems for multiple industries (health insurance, financial services, software consulting), and for multiple lines of business within those industries (financial recovery auditing, broker commission, Medicare, telecommunications, workforce management). Analyzed and discovered root-cause problems in software and operating systems (DB2 Cognos, MS Exchange, Windows Server, Genesys). Administered operating system and software platforms in compliance with regulations of financial industry (PCI) and health insurance industry (HIPAA).
• HIGH AVAILABILITY SOLUTIONS: At Elavon, implemented high availability strategy for complex contact center software suite. Multi-site design allowed for disaster recovery failover and uninterrupted service. Coordinated planning, procurement of hardware and licensing, installation, and testing of HA infrastructure (mirroring software, redundant servers). Result: Software capable of uninterrupted contact center operations.
• CRM INTEGRATION: At Elavon and BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, architected comprehensive solutions which integrated external resources with internal data systems. Integrated with SaaS CRM, web services, or home-grown CRM systems, and delivered interaction results to a customer or workflow employee. Result: Improved end-to-end customer service experience allowing reduced head-count and FTE hiring avoidance.
• BI / DATA WAREHOUSING: At Elavon and BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee modeled database table structures and interfaced to vendor database structures to permit customized functionality for enterprise applications. Consulted with data mining analysts and programmers using data warehouse and operational database structures and content and used tools such as Cognos, Hyperion (Brio), and BOE. Enabled business intelligence systems for browser access to custom report development and delivery. Result: Business Intelligence data made widely available to analysts and operations departments for better decision making.
• SYSTEMS ENGINEERING and SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION: At Elavon and BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee designed and executed deployment strategy for complex contact center interaction routing platform. At BCBST, migrated all services from MS Windows Servers to IBM AIX operating system. Predicted and oversaw integration points for client applications to allow uninterrupted functionality with new back-end systems. Result: Reduced system downtime, and increased client-side responsiveness through faster host server systems.
SOFTWARE STRATEGY AND DELIVERY
• APPLICATION STANDARDIZATION and DEPLOYMENT: At Elavon, consolidated multiple desktop applications into a single code-base. Oversaw development of Java Script based systems and their deployment to J2EE aligned platforms. Coordinated vendor API capabilities with business requirements. Applications have been implemented at corporate locations globally to align with business processes. Result: Streamlined support expectations and created consistent application behavior across the enterprise.
• SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGIES (Agile, ITIL, TOGAF): At Elavon, employed real-world mixture of software service methodologies to deliver and maintain an expected balance of improvements and service availability. Used Agile principles of high customer focus and small, incremental improvements for ongoing feature changes. Realistically adhered to ITIL service guidelines and defect tracking for ongoing accountability in deployments. Leveraged TOGAF building block principles to emphasize reusable IT resources. Result: Cultivated a productive change and refinement cycle partnered with contract programmers and systems infrastructure administrators.
• INTERNAL SALES ENGINEER: At Elavon and BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, served as sales engineer and solutions evangelist to promote adoption of vendor software and internally developed software products using vendor platforms. Built momentum with use-case demonstrations and story scenarios presented to all levels of management and affected departments. Choreographed with vendor sales teams to fulfill COTS implementations. Result: Created consensus, refined use-cases and requirements, and solved problem points for users and systems administrators, to motivate change and acceptance of improved systems.
• SOFTWARE DELIVERY EXPERT: At Elavon and Genesys, installed and configured systems during client engagements. Functioned as program manager for multiple integrated and related projects. Interacted with all levels of client technical staff – project manager, telecommunications, database, network and workstation personnel – to coordinate efforts. Documented and provided feedback to vendor sales and project management staff regarding health of client account and product use. Result: Built good, honest and effective relationships with clients.
• DESKTOP APPLICATIONS SUPPORT: At BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, engaged in multiple and various efforts to deliver software developments. Built and maintained the first generation business data definitions system. Created and deployed broker and financial recovery applications on Microsoft platforms. Led web programmer team (10) to secure web coding methods (classic .asp). Result: Made a solid reputation for translating user needs into useful software solutions, serving internal user-base up to 500 employees.
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS / BUSINESS ANALYSIS
• IMPLEMENTATION AND INTEGRATION MANAGEMENT: At Elavon, functioned as program manager and project leader to implement multiple inter-related and integrated contact center software systems. Managed expectations through proper requirements gathering and clear product capability communication. This included deployment management of email and web-chat, business intelligence, international workforce, and complete platform upgrades. Oversaw system health post-implementation. Result: Introduced new functionality to the organization and successfully maintained increased stability of server operations.
• SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS AND COMPLIANCE: At Elavon, worked with business leaders to ascertain true business objectives for software design, such as Global Agent Desktop, Workforce Management, and Skills Assessment Training systems. Interviewed, white-boarded, and documented feature and change requests regarding vendor products and custom developments. Analyzed needs and translated them into business requirements by connecting with knowledgeable organizational stakeholders. Helped ensure compliance with PCI guidelines common to the financial services industry. Achieved vendor compliance to business requests. Result: Engaged in honest discovery and restatement of business needs and revived communication channels between lines of business and IT services.
• CONTACT CENTER SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: At Genesys, interfaced with users and technical teams to define requirements and overall systems scope. Conducted story-board sessions, white-boarding, and user experience discussions to improve processes and apply technologies. Result: Represented call center software vendor as a multi-skilled product and subject matter expert.
• ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (SME): At BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, provided application server expertise for multiple lines of business. Supported high-visibility systems such as Kronos, SalesLogix CRM, Genesys, and MS Exchange. Engaged in deep troubleshooting efforts with vendors. Worked with internal customers to fulfill performance expectations. Result: Provided business community with reliable expectations of support; solved numerous minor and at times debilitating systems problems.
• SYSTEMS ENGINEERING and SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION: At BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, functioned as technical lead for Genesys implementation. Deployed contact center computing services to 1000 on-premise CSRs. Developed and revised documentation of system design, maintenance procedures, and test procedures. Adhered to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines. Result: Plowed new ground for this kind of system at the company, established service baselines, and built reliable product reputation.
MBA, Introductory Courses
Bachelor of Arts
Driver of Results,Leader / Mentor,Influential Communicator,Business Acumen,Decisive,Strategic Thinker,Negotiator,Organizational Trust Builder,Ideological Bridge Builder,Vision Caster,15+ Years IT Experience,Enterprise Software SME,ITIL / TOGAF / Agile / IBM Cloud,SDLC,IT Program / Project Manager
ITIL v3 Foundation
TOGAF 9 Foundation
IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Cloud Computing Architecture V2
The John Maxwell Team Certified Leadership Training
Elavon Information Systems – Atlanta, GA March 2008 – Now
Genesys Laboratories – Daly City, CA July 2006 – March 2008
BlueCross BlueShield – Chattanooga, TN June 1998 – July 2006