I am seeking an opportunity to become an impact player with a company that is
dedicated to Safety and Quality performance. My drive and commitment produce
positive results in everything I do. I believe that excellence is accomplished by
combining high-energy with quality leadership.
Campus Safety Manager
2009 to Present
Provide direction to management on safety and health requirements and regulations.
Design, implement and manage L'Oreal's safety program and ensure programs are up-to- date. Leads the NLR Campus safety programs and teams at three locations
(Manufacturing, Distribution and Assembly). Lead and mentor safety engineers as their
tasks relate to Occupational, Health and Safety issues. Serve as campus OHSAS 18001 and VPP representative.
• Developed and deployed Behavioral Based Safety Program that has generated
>60,000 documented observations over three years.
• Campus ergonomics champion
• Campus VPP Leader / Mentor
• Improved contractor management process by partnering with PICs and saving the local
campus >$65,000.00 annually.
• Lead Auditor for OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and internal auditor for ISO 9001
• Serve as an SGE (Special Government Employee) for OSHA.
• Facilitated the growth and employee ownership of the Campus EHS Committee
• Led successful OHSAS 18001 Certification for all three campus sites in 2012.
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated fibers and polymers businesses with a global presence. INVISTA owns more than 700 unique pending or granted U.S.
patents, with corresponding patents in almost all of the countries where INVISTA has a business presence. Stainmaster is a well-known product line in the product make- up within INVISTA.
Occupational Health and Safety Manager
2007 to 2009
Develop, implement, and manage robust, sustainable and integrated Health and Safety
(H&S) management systems required to ensure full compliance with all H&S regulations, as well as INVISTA standards. Develop, implement and manage site H&S procedures that
are clear, concise, effective and compliant with all applicable laws and regulations,
company performance standards and industry standards. Identify key Health & Safety
risks at the site and develop strategies for mitigating their impact. Manage, supervise and mentor H&S personnel. Perform periodic site self-assessments to verify compliance and
1|P a g e
t] T. Short
• Reduced Recordable Injuries by 100% in year 2008.
• Managed a budget of > $ 1,000,000.
• Improved efficiency by establishing a web based safety information system.
• Established site auditing system auditing >10% of all permitted work.
• Improved site Risk Recognition by developing and deploying live training.
• Member of Site Leadership Team and OSHA VPP Implementation Team.
Dow Reichhold Specialty Latex, LLC
Dow Reichhold Specialty Latex LLC is A global company. The product line includes
nitrile, styrene butadiene, acrylic, vinyl acrylic, styrene acrylic and vinyl acetate
specialty latexes. These products are used in gloves, architectural products,
automotive products, construction and concrete modification, food processing,
packaging, textile printing, specialty paper and nonwovens, and specialty coatings.
Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator
2005 to 2007
Site environmental engineer duties including Title V, Ground Water, Waste Water,
Hazardous Waste, Universal Waste and all regulatory reporting and correspondence. Site
PSM Coordinator with PSM and RMP program oversight. Safety and Health
responsibilities included Industrial Hygiene monitoring, Auditing, Root Cause Analysis for all incidents and OSHA compliance.
• Reduced Recordable Injuries by 100%
• Decreased Environmental Notice of Violations by 75%.
• Reduced outstanding action items by 97%.
• Achieved first year in history of company with no recordable injuries.
• Increased Emergency response capability by doubling the size of the ERT.
• Managed contracts totaling $650,000.00.
Health and Safety Manager
2002 to 2005
Site PSM Coordinator with responsibility for the PSM and RMP programs. Safety and
Health responsibilities included Industrial Hygiene monitoring, Auditing, Safety and Health
procedure development, Corporate Process Hazard Analysis Team Leader, Root Cause
Analysis for all incidents and OSHA compliance.
• Implemented standardized contractor training resulting in savings of $50,000.00.
• Reduced workmen's compensation expenses by 75%.
• Reduced recordable injuries by 50%.
• Coordinated 100% of site Training.
• Management Representative for ISO 14000.
• Internal ISO 9000 Lead Auditor and Trainer.
• Served as Industrial Hygiene manager for the site.
2|P a g e
t] T. Short
1994 to 2005
Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. together with its subsidiaries (Formosa), is a
full-service manufacturer and supplier of plastic resins and petrochemicals. The
operations include chemical and petrochemical manufacturing, natural gas drilling, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) downstream processing.
Shift Safety Coordinator
1996 to 2002
Onsite Incident Command during Emergencies with direct responsibility for 115
Emergency Response Team members. Environmental sampling including air and water as required. Safety and Health Procedure development and revision, Auditing and principle regulatory contact.
• Increased site Emergency Medical Technicians by 200%.
• Developed Land Owner Alarm notification system.
• Attained Paramedic License.
• Taught classes in Industrial Fire Fighting, HazMat and Industrial Rescue.
• Represented Corporation at Emergency Response Events.
• Established PRISM training system saving the company in excess of $100,000.00.
Safety / PSM Technician
1994 to 1996
Provided PSM Management including procedure development, Audits, Auditor training, and area specific contractor training. Safety procedure development and revision, auditing and capital projects.
• ISO 9000 Implementation Team.
• Created Contractor Safety Manual and Audit Sheets.
• Established Management of Change protocols for facility.
• Developed Site PSM Auditing Protocols.
• Established comprehensive auditing system for site compliance.
• Improved Contractor Safety accountability.
Moreno Welding Company, LLC
Moreno Welding Company provided a full line of services to both commercial and residential customers. The company specialized in code welding and piping
system design and installation.
Safety and QC Engineer
1992 to 1994
Provided safety management for 75 employees including training, orientation, auditing and
Job Safety Analysis. Welding review for certified welders and x-ray interpretation.
M.S. in Leadership
B.S. in General Studies
Licensed Paramedic, OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor, ISO 14001 Lead Auditor, ISO 9001 Auditor, OSHA - SGE