Clifton Park, NY
A highly organized, energetic, knowledgeable, and experienced Legal/Administrative Assistant with a proven track record of providing reinforcement and innovative ideas to aid in the success of business. Involved in all facets of secretarial and paralegal responsibilities. Seeking a position in an office environment where there is a need for a variety of office management tasks including computer knowledge, organizational abilities, business intelligence and database program use. Accomplished in Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint, QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and WordPerfect computer programs in addition to various collection and accounting software.
Assistant Property Manager
October 2012 to Present
Responsible for collecting rents for three hundred and eleven apartment units.
• Dealt promptly with all means of contact from tenants and potential tenants
• Verified that rental applications were properly completed.
• Reviewed the returned applications and determined the rental status of the potential tenant based on that review.
• Prepared lease and all addenda included in the rental packet.
• Met with potential tenants to complete the leasehold process.
• Collected rent from tenants and provided receipts.
• Entered collected rents in Quickbooks.
• Mediated in tenant disputes.
• Established payment plans to collect rent for past due tenants.
• Organized non-compliant tenants' file for legal process in eviction cases.
• Recorded all necessary entries in the property's financial records for submission to the company.
• Maintained tenants individual ledger records.
• Scheduled maintenance tasks promptly upon notification of a problem.
• Followed up to ensure that the correction was properly completed to tenant satisfaction
May 2001 to Present
Maintained responsibility for the overall daily operations of the store.
• Supervised, scheduled, hired, trained, promoted, and disciplined personnel.
• Managed budgets, marketing, merchandising, and rotating inventory of stock.
• Ensured proper handling of daily receipts, balanced registers and bank accounts, prepared and made deposits.
Non-Attorney Collector/Legal Assistant
August 2011 to October 2013
Accountable for approximately Six Hundred delinquent accounts
• Responsibilities included drafting and proofreading documents pertaining to lawsuits, including but not limited to: Income Executions, various Subpoenas and Stipulations in multiple states.
• Created a formula using Excel to verify balances before suit was initiated.
• Regularly used Outlook to schedule meetings, deadlines and also to calendar payments for our Accounting Department.
• Prepared and proofread correspondence; ran conflict checks and maintained files.
• Initiating and maintaining contact with defendants to establish and ensure timely payments that were acceptable to the client.
• Required to enforce Judgments entered in various states, including New York New Jersey and Connecticut.
• Maintained contact with various clients to ensure satisfaction with the firm's performance.
• Responsible for maintaining contact with clients, debtors and adversarial Attorneys.
• Responsible for achieving a personal goal as well as required to work as a team to ensure the firm made overall goal.
Mortgage Servicing Assistant
March 2010 to July 2010
Required to have complete knowledge of President Obama's Home Affordable Modification Program.
• Responsible for solicitation of mortgages eligible for the Federal Home Assistance Mortgage Program.
• Worked closely with Credit Unions not participating in the program help borrowers modify their current mortgages.
• Reviewed delinquent accounts and determined the whether to initiate foreclosure proceedings or made a suitable arrangement.
• Sent out pre-foreclosure letters to those members who were non-responsive in our efforts to collect payments.
April 2003 to October 2009
Continuously employed new collection techniques which quintupled the firm's profits over the course of six years.
• Outstanding skip tracing abilities through a variety of innovative techniques. Regularly found debtors who could not be found using Lexis Nexis' Accurint search, internet search, and also originative methods such as searching for jobs and contact information through social networking websites. In addition, inquiring at post offices, telephone companies, credit bureaus, or through the questioning of family members and former and current neighbors pursuant to the regulations set forth by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
• Drafted correspondence, motions, subpoenas and prepared documents in response to written discovery requests.
• Ensured compliance with accounting deadlines
• Worked closely and communicated effectively with representatives in HSBC's Delinquency Services Department to determine in which manner various accounts should be managed.
• Was in charge of overseeing more than 1,100 delinquent accounts including personal loans, car loans and mortgages with HSBC.
• Trained and supervised new employees to ensure success.
• Drafted all legal documents pertaining to the lawsuit against the debtor not limited to: Summons and Verified Complaints, Motions and Default Judgments.
• Enforced Judgments by freezing assets and garnishing wages.
• Made at the minimum 100 calls a day to solicit payment from debtors.
• Confer with debtors by telephone or mail to determine the reasons for overdue payments.
• Explained in depth the terms of the contract to debtors who had difficulty understanding the legal process.
• Generate payments by offering various methods such as automatic payments through credit/debit cards, ACH processing and by mail.
• Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts such as recording address and phone number changes.
• Responsible for setting up automatic payments and also responsible for manually processing them.
• Record information about financial status of debtors and status of collection efforts.
• Sorted and filed correspondence and performed miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and drafting reports for outside departments.
April 2011 to May 2011
Bachelors of Arts in English
June 2001 to December 2005
August 2000 to May 2001