Contribute by --- helping companies build the financial capabilities that make business decisions more effective, improve operational efficiencies, maximize profits, reduce costs and mitigate risks; --Proven financial partner working closely with the CEO, Board of Directors, Investors and senior management in the growth of corporate entities public and private, from start up to Fortune 500 technology companies; --Immediately adding value to the business by implementing best practices, improving data accuracy, managing day to day accounting operations, and contributing to investor confidence; --Additional value by can do attitude, fulfilling financial commitments, and, ability to thrive in a challenging environment.
Financial Analyst and Administration
June 2010 to Present
Finanical analysis, budgets, headcount justification, tax issues, earn out and associated administration
January 2006 to April 2010
Business partner to the CEO, Investor and senior management. Managed revenue, financial statements and financial integrity of the company. Hands on Controller. Managed daily operations of finance
department, including month end close and variance analysis. Handled cash flow projection. Prepared
Board of Director's financial package.
Managed revenue recognition (SOP 97-2), forecasting and analysis, treasury, subsidiaries in Japan and
India, budgets, controls, tax, contracts, stock options, payroll, and benefits. Support staff of two.
• Executed successful company merger and acquisition by SeaChange International,
and, facilitated financial reviews by Blackstone Group LP/Choate Hall & Stewart LLP
• Identified error of $10M to be $8.5M reportable common stock shares, through stock
reconciliation, resulting in corrected Cap Table reporting
• Implemented over 100 financial controls and processes, resulting in written financial policy
controls and procedures
• Oversaw Franchise Tax Board audit of corporate income tax for research and development
credits, through analysis and support documentation, resulting in justified credits
2003 to 2005
San Jose, CA 2003- 2005
Partnered with assigned companies of Zoran and Dionex in regulation for financial compliance,
procedures generation, testing, auditing, and, discrepancies reconciliation with Big 4 consulting firms.
Acting Interim Controller, R&D labs; Finance Supervisor, Semiconductor
1998 to 2003
Acting Interim Controller, Senior Accountant, Research and Development labs
Finance Supervisor, Semiconductor Engineering Division
Oversaw financials of 14 research labs. Reported to Lab Vice Presidents. Handled for the labs
forecasting, financial planning and variance analysis, reporting, internal controls and audits. Generated
annual budgets. Maintained accruals, allocations, inter-company and fixed assets. Assisted in Oracle
Financial System implementation. Established Finance Department creditability to R&D labs.
Managed semiconductor engineering division financial reporting, general ledger, operations
accounting, annual budgets, allocations, inventory management and commissions. Managed
four accountants. Worked with internal and external customers.
• Presented financials to visiting Japan Lab heads, that successfully acquired additional yearly
budget funding for 3 labs, on average of $1M each
• Identified areas of high expense resulting in a savings on average of $200K per R&D lab
• Identified and directed 14 R&D lab audits in the area of fixed assets. $300K obsolete and lost
assets written off
• Performed division reviews to successfully reduce Service organization from $3M loss and
ASD Engineering from $765K loss to breakeven
• Identified excess inventory and costs in loss generating Kit organization, by reorganization and elimination completed $500K inventory reduction
• Recognized manual commissions calculation improvement, through linking workbook fields to auto calculate, that reduced manual effort and saved time. Generated 2% labor savings a year
Senior Accounting Analyst
1996 to 1998
Maintained financial integrity for plant location. Analyzed general ledger, produced financial forecasts,
operations accounting, inventory, cost, SEC management discussions, administered month-end close
process. Handled accounts receivable, allocations, corporate tax packages, and internal audits.
• Controlled $5M in international and inter-company processing, eliminations and reconciliation
• Oversaw $3M liability analysis that brought vacation and sabbatical accounts current
Masters in Business Marketing
Masters in Business Management
Bachelors in Business Administration
Finance Executives International
• Experienced Controller, business partner and hands-on manager.
• 5 years experience in a Controller position, in international consumer products and software
company's corporate headquarters and business units.
• 2 years experience in Sarbanes-Oxley regulation, compliance and Big 4 audits.
• Consistent track record with financial statements integrity, variance analysis, revenue reporting,
cash flow projection, planning and forecasting, budgeting, month end closing, contracts, non-disclosure agreements, implementing policy procedures and controls, reaching goals and
identifying cost savings.
• Background in directing all financial and accounting daily operations, managing staff,
operations, inventory management, consolidations, annual audits, tax, stock administration,
401K, payroll, and benefits.
Oracle 11i, Hyperion Enterprise, Peachtree -Sage, QuickBooks, MS Office 2007, MS Word, MS Excel