Motivated, quality-focused software engineer with strong technical background in system, functional, and customer-specific quality assurance. Demonstrated success developing and executing test cases and plans, automating test processes, and leading teams in the analysis and resolution of defects to ensure the delivery of high-quality software to customers.
Software QA Consultant
2010 to March 2014
Consultant for Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Performed quality assurance on Checkout Environment for Consumer-Service (CHEC) and customer-specific self-checkout systems.
* Responsible for setup, developing, and executing functional and system verification tests for the CHEC environment. CHEC systems allowed retailers to monitor various activites of the lanes usage, including monetary information, and sales reports. Reported status in daily SCRUM meetings using the Agile process.
* Executed system level tests for large-scale and international customers, including: CVS, Costco, Spartan, Big Y, Metro - setup customer-specific test environments and validated service and run packs prior to customer delivery.
Software QA Engineer / Team Lead
2008 to 2009
Performed quality assurance functions for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) using the Agile methodology. Led a 2-member team in planning and executing the Telco Carrier Grade Testing (TCGT) project.
* Created a scalable test suite on Red Hat Linux that enabled effective testing of both large and small scale SIP environments known as TCGT.
* Jumpstarted execution of client-focused test scenarios by setting up Websphere Application Server (WAS) on a VMWare environment using automated scripts / tools, including CAB and SIPAnalyzer, to verify SIP functionality.
Software Support Engineer
2006 to 2008
Provided Level 2 software support for IBM Workplace Web Content Management (WCM). Supported Fortune 500 clients by analyzing problems using traces, thread dumps, logs, and other documentation.
* Resolved over 150 Problem Management Records (PMR), including many critical situations, while maintaining the daily PMR workload.
* Worked extended hours as needed to ensure clients received the support necessary to meet their internal deadlines, resulting in fewer problems being escalated to critical situations.
Software QA Engineer
2004 to 2006
Performed quality assurance on customer-specific self-checkout systems and oversaw verification of next-generation self-checkout software solutions.
* Tasked with performing all QA verification for major international customer account (Carrefour Belgium and France) - developed and executed integration tests and tracked defect resolution, playing an instrumental role in securing additional software and hardware contracts.
* Performed maintenance system tests for numerous large-scale and international customers, including: Safeway Canada, Carrefour France, and Carrefour Belgium - prepared customer-specific test environments and verified service and run packs prior to shipment.
Software QA Engineer/Team Lead
2003 to 2004
Led 3-member quality assurance team in delivery of Remote Management Agent (RMA) feature that enabled retail managers to view all components of a retail store and leveraged Websphere Application Server and MQ (Message Queue) technologies.
* Key member of team responsible for test plan development, execution, and defect tracking on the AEF, Client Session Server (CSS), Remote GUI, and SIF GUI applications supporting global retail client base.
* Verified functionality of Remote Management Agent using both automated and manual tools.
Software Engineer / Project Lead
2000 to 2003
Contributed to quality assurance testing of all IBM 4690 releases and took on role as test team leader for Java 2 compatibility testing (JCK).
* Led project to verify Java 2 compatibility using the Sun Java Compatibility Kit (JCK) - won "Bravo Award" and earned promotion to Staff Software Engineer, working closely with UK and US divisions to document and resolve defects, meeting all project deadlines to ensure on-schedule, high-quality product delivery.
BS in Computer Engineering
Certificate in Oracle
Certificate in C#
Java, C++, C#, DB2, Visual C++, Oracle, SQL, ASP.NET, HTML, XML, VHDL, Motorola Assembly, Convergence Automation with Bash (CAB)
Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8.1/9.0, Windows 7/XP/NT/2000/98/95, Windows Enterprise Server 2003/2008, IBM 4690, Sun Solaris, IBM BladeCenter HS21, IBM 4694 series, IBM SurePOS 700 series, Self Checkout Systems 150/171 series
Software / Tools:
Rational Functional Tester (RFT), IBM Director 5.x/6.x, IBM DB2, Oracle Virtual Box, Websphere Application Server (WAS) 5.1.x/6.0.x/7.0.x/8.5.x, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Websphere Portal 5.1.x/6.0.x/6.1.x, Web Content Management 2.5/5.1.x/6.0.x/6.1.x, Websphere MQ, Rational Team Concert, CallCenter/RETAIN, Rational ClearQuest, Configuration Management Version Control (CMVC) 95/5.0, Test Tracking Tool (TTT), VMWare, Sun's Java Compatibility Kit (JCK) 1.1.8a/1.3a/1.4/1.4a
Toshiba Checkout Environment for Consumer-Service (CHEC) 6.4/6.5/6.6/6.7, Remote Management Agent (RMA), Store Integration Framework (SIF), Application Client/Server Environment (ACE), General Sales Application (GSA), Supermarket Application (SA), Chain Sales Application (CSA), Retalix StoreLine