To return to employment in the field of higher education and to the personal satisfaction uniquely
derived from work as a career services professional
Economist, Plan Formulation Branch, Civil Works
February 2002 to Present
February, 2002 - Present
- Conduct economic analyses determining feasibility of prospective water resources projects.
- Review wide variety of reports, position papers, and planning/decision documents.
- Serving as training coordinator, assign branch staff to professional development courses.
- Wrote and edited job descriptions and instructions to completion of new on-line training modules.
- Produce project fact sheets submitted to members of Congress and placed on agency's Web site.
Higher Education Experience - Career Services
Associate Director, Recruitment, Placement, and External Relations
September 1999 to February 2002
- Offered individual career advising and delivered résumé writing, interviewing, and other
workshops to graduate and undergraduate students and alumni.
- Critiqued/edited considerable volumes of résumés submitted daily; personally transmitted over one
thousand such documents to employers in a single semester.
- Instrumental in expanding and diversifying clientele, extending outreach to candidates in a broader
spectrum of academic fields, and with a more diverse set of employment/career preferences.
- Administered on-campus recruiting programs, assisting in securing placements at prominent employers
not previously recruiting at institution.
The City College of New York (continued)
- Played leading role in doubling employer attendance at annual technical career fair over two- year period; similar efforts resulted in increase of fifty percent in employer representation at
annual college-wide career fair over same span.
- Edited program booklet/procedural manual and other materials reflecting expansion/improvement in facility's offerings; contributed significantly to text of center's first Web site.
- Employed novel promotional measures profoundly increasing visibility and enhancing prestige of office on and off campus.
- Established/improved relationships with other student services offices and academic
departments, especially in the schools of engineering and education.
September 1996 to September 1999
College of Business Administration
September 1994 to May 1999
- Taught both undergraduate and beginning M.B.A. students.
Graduate Student and Alumni Placement Counselor
August 1994 to August 1996
- Offered individual career advising, as well as résumé writing, interviewing, and other
workshops; critiqued significant volumes of student and alumni résumés daily.
- Managed on-campus interview program, enlisting several prestigious employers to inaugurate
recruiting at university.
- Assisted with planning and execution of annual career fair and other career development and placement programming.
- Increased frequency and broadened coverage of marketing/promotional efforts, expanding
facility's clientele and raising attendance at various events.
- Acknowledged by alumni board of governors for efforts on behalf of constituents.
Higher Education Experience - Teaching
M.A. in Economics
Diversified experience in both academic and public sector environments, and in both creative and
- Formerly, highly regarded college student affairs administrator and avidly sought career and academic
advisor; currently, economist for federal government agency
- Exceptional service orientation; acutely attentive, sensitive, and responsive to problems and needs of
individual students and alumni
- Adept at building and maintaining productive relationships with faculty, administrators, professional
staff, and employer representatives, contributing to success of various events and initiatives and
increasing employment opportunities for job and career seekers
- Perceptive, innovative, analytical problem solver, paying meticulous attention to detail and persistent in
expediting and streamlining processes, as well as in facilitating user access to services
- Skilled editor/writer with a record of enhancing quality and effectiveness of a wide range of content and
media, including text of college career center's first Web site, as well as its promotional materials and
forms; résumés; training/policy manuals; surveys; tests; technical reports; and an economics textbook
- Recognized excellence in teaching economics and finance; accomplished lecturer and presenter before
- Tireless contributor, inspiring subordinates, colleagues, and student and alumni clients