Results-oriented, global professional with over 15 years experience in international consumer and technical sales, business development, channel sale, program management, supply chain operations and multinational contract negotiations. Experienced leader in social media and software as well as in leveraging collaborative solutions through new and emerging technologies to drive innovation, process efficiencies and improved communication.
Social Media SME / Enterprise Demand Management Planner/Analyst
April 2008 to April 2012
Social Media Subject Matter Expert (SME):
Member of an internal team of social software enthusiasts who help, train and enable employees or teams with using social software in order to improve and advance internal & external communication, collaboration as well as to drive efficiencies
• Awarded “Most Valuable Social Media Ambassador” by the IBM Senior VP / Group Executive, Software & Systems
• Provided structured, multilingual and ongoing training to 3 senior VP executive at the request of HQ, including one Japanese VP, overcoming cultural challenges to deliver meaningful information and fit to executive schedules
• Lead CY'11 Process Efficiency Team that documented & shared 175 ideas & 2,000 hours of productivity time savings
• Presented at three corporate-wide and 20 local team training & enablement sessions on tool features and methodologies
• Leveraged networks and social media tools in order to bridge 3 job-essential software systems so that they could communicate, minimized system downtime and allowed new hire employees to become immediately productive
• Wrote and published a professional blog page offering tips, tricks, advice and links to colleagues' blogs or external sites
Enterprise Demand Planner/Analyst – Supply Chain Organization (SCO):
Reported to the Supply Chain Enterprise Demand Planner. Initiated, monitored and adjusted processes while maintaining and improving client relationships through Supply Chain management and the client order scheduling fulfillment processes.
• Developed and implemented “Manufacturing Dash Board” providing a one-stop shop solution for centralized, streamlined and scalable factory status views for cross-functional team enterprise business analysis and reporting
• Financially awarded for Lean methodology process development, work and team leadership
• Coordinated & lead multidisciplinary teams for on-time delivery of the annual Fall Plan strategy output for 3 years
Sales & Program Manager
November 2000 to March 2008
Quoted, won and executed multiple and detailed technical projects for international and NA based semiconductor and consumer OEM clients. Defined and prioritized product requirements and features in order to develop and implement on-time strategies for delivery of new products / services.
• Drove business to win 8 new design-wins with leading China network client resulting in revenue at $50M
• Championed new business plans with Sales Channel team resulting in 12 design wins valued at over $150M LTR
• Financially awarded for creation and implementation of division-wide Client Opportunity Management database
• Expedited 15 prototype deliveries through program management skills resulting in shortened time-to-market schedules
• Increased the effectiveness of the field sales team through on-site and web conference training agendas
• Organized and facilitated reoccurring cross-functional, C-level executive Quarterly Business Reviews for over 6 years
Senior OEM Sales Representative
July 1999 to November 2000
Taiyo Yuden is a leading components supplier to a multitude of clients as well as the creators of the CD-R and DVD-R. Taiyo Yuden employs roughly 20,000 people generating $5.5B in revenue.
Reported directly to the regional sales manager. Developed new business and sold to major computer & consumer hardware and peripheral high-tech OEM accounts and subcontractors while extending market share through leadership of a team of corporate sales representative relationships. Executed sales plans and goals through client and market understanding resulting in over 10 multi-$M contracts.
Equipment Product Marketing Manager
April 1998 to July 1999
Matheson is a leading provider of solutions for customers using specialty gases & delivery systems in labs, fabricators, plants, processes and numerous other disciplines.
Reported to the Equipment Product Director. Authored go-to market strategies for new and existing products; managed pricing spec sheets for field sales team and clients. Lead cross-functional teams for product feature requirements, coordinating research and operational activities to ensure best concepts, positioning, packaging, and promotion for each product line. Delivered sales tools (presentations, white papers, demos, selling guides, etc.) for sales and marketing force and provided worldwide training to field teams and clients.
International Accounts Service Representative
June 1996 to April 1998
Reported to the Asian Equipment Sales Manager. Quoted, configured, tracked and monitored a monthly average of 200 international orders valued at ~$10M. Reported delivery and production status to executive teams on a weekly basis; highlighted potential roadblocks and issues that threatened revenue pipeline. Interfaced between on-site Japanese executive management, NA-based counterparts and field sales teams. Facilitated all aspects of development and creation of detailed and complex gas delivery systems quotations, pricing and lead-times. Project managed and successfully delivered against 10 major cross-departmental international projects.
Instructor of English
August 1993 to April 1996
TBC is a regional Japanese technical community college offering a variety of fields of study including English for business focused students.
Instructor of business and conversational English at a Japanese community college reporting to the Dean of Schools. Counseled over 50 students on continuing international studies. Introduced and promoted the college (in Japanese) to prospective students and local community members and businesses.
Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)
July 1990 to August 1993
Reported to the local School Board of Education. English instructor at the public middle school level alongside 20 different native instructors. Enabled students, teachers and local residents to gain a broader international perspective. Regular guest speaker at various seminars, conferences, cultural festivals and media interviews.
BA in History, Political Science
1987 to 1990
Transferred in Cinematography, Liberal Arts
1985 to 1986
Specialties • Multinational sales & program management • Social media / software Subject Matter Expert • Long-term, positive relationship development • Life cycle product development ownership • Multilingual, multicultural experienced • Developed tactical & strategic planning • Channel relationship management owner • Trainer, instructor & mentor • Contract negotiation & pricing / P&L ownership • Lean Methodology trained • Overseas living experienced (5.5 yrs - Japan)
* co-chair of the local site's EWeek Team. The EWeek program encourages IBMers to visit school age children d to engage with them in discussions on pursuing careers in technology (ref: http://www.eweek.org/Home.aspx).
* Awarded BlueIQ ambassador-of-the-year for the 2nd 1/2, 2009 by the IBM Corporation for my use, training and promotion of the adoption of web 2.0 / social networking/media tools to my management (all levels) & to peers.
* Awarded at IBM for technical and networking leadership of development and roll-out of division-wide opportunity and project management database
• Professionally, I thrive and succeed when given the opportunity to work with a diverse set of clients and teammates from across the globe
• Traveling, Internet and social networking trends
• Movies - watching & the business of - all genres.
• Academic Classicism Architecture:
* Ancient Roman Architecture
* Beaux Arts Architecture
* Stanford White (famed American architect of McKim, Mead & White) and his influence on the development of American - and especially - NYC architecture
• Ancient Roman History (esp. from Sulla through Hadrian)
• Japan and its culture, language, society, etc...
• Thomas Jefferson
• Local community Cub Scout pack communications secretary volunteer