Aliso Viejo, CA
Detailed-oriented, dependable, creative manager; enjoys leading and building successful teams. Diverse work experience includes asset management, training and development, and environmental compliance testing services. Proven ability to follow through and successfully complete assignments and tasks.
Business Development/Contract/Project Manager
June 2005 to February 2013
● Located vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interviewed them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
● Prepared and processed requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
● Reviewed purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
● Analyzed market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
● Developed and implemented purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
● Participated in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
● Resolved vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
● Represented company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
Marketing/Business Development Consultant
March 1994 to October 2004
● Developed pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
● Identified, developed, and evaluated marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
● Evaluated the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
● Directed the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversaw their daily activities.
● Negotiated contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
● Used sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
● Coordinated and participated in promotional activities or trade shows, working with developers, and production managers, to market products and services.
● Consulted with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products and services expected to be in demand
Time Management ● Judgment and Decision Making ● Active Listening ● Persuasion ● Negotiation ● Coordination ● Social Perceptiveness ● Critical Thinking ● Complex Problem Solving
University of California Irvine
• Project Management Certificate, Candidate (UC Irvine, Extension, Irvine, CA)
• Contract Management Certification, Awarded (UC Irvine, Extension, Irvine, CA)
• College level coursework in Business Administration, Management and Information Technology