• Objective: Mfg Engineering - PCB Layout – Schematic Capture – Mechanical Design
• Circuit Characterization and Data Analysis
• Component level troubleshooting
• Flight test instrumentation on various defense related projects
• Engineering Lab Management to meet ISO 9001, Lab setup from concept
• Test automation using Labview
• Software – Cadence , Orcad, Altium, Mentor Graphics, SolidWorks experience
• 3D Mechanical Design Experience, Drawing detailing, wiring, circuitworks
• Schematic Capture and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout
2010 to Present
• Responsible for Design, Layout, Assy, Fab, of High Rel PCB’s for Space Flight applications
• NASA 8739 and IPC solder certified and inspection – fine pitch to 0201 size components
• Minimization of EMI/EMC effects
• Selection, order placement, receiving, inspection, of High Rel components
• Support system testing and integration, Mechanical Design and Drafting, Cad component libraries including 3D models/bodies using Altium and SolidWorks
Senior Engineering Technician
2009 to 2010
Manage a Electronic Engineering Design Lab
♦ Conduct design verification testing.
♦ Assemble prototype PCB's
♦ Modify circuits
♦ Fine pitch soldering to 0201 and WCSP BGA packages
♦ Travel to outside facilities to conduct tests
♦ Design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype and/or deliverable hardware
Design Engineering Technician
2004 to 2009
Design of PCB's for bench and customer evaluation using Altium Designer suite of tools
♦ Supplier management
♦ Automated Data collection for device characterization reducing cycle time by aprox. 30%
♦ Setup and Manage lab activities for 60+ engineers
♦ Implemented annual calibration of lab equipment that eliminated downtime
♦ Successful completion on ISO 9001 lab audit
2003 to 2004
Lead Electronic Technician providing test and characterization support of calculators
♦ Prototype to production of calculator
♦ Design of PCB's using Mentor Graphics suite of tools.
♦ Automate testing using Labview.
♦ Evaluate customer returns to isolate defects.
♦ Manage (3) contract labor Engineering technicians.
2000 to 2003
Probe silicon and troubleshoot for performance improvements.
♦ Design customer evaluation (EVM) PCB's and bench evaluation PCB's.
♦ Analyze data to improve product performance.
♦ Perform capability studies and correlation studies on Automated Test Equipment (ATE).
Support qualification testing on new products.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in (AAS) Electronic Engineering
Mentor Graphics Design Capture
Mentor Graphics Design Capture, Altium Designer tools, LabView, SolidWorks, Cadence Allegro, Orcad, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Logic Analyzer, Imaging Radiometer, High Speed Video Capture, Lab Management, Supervison, Group Leader, Vibration Testing, Materials Characterazation, Fine Pitch Soldering, NASA solder certification, ESD Certification, Mil Spec Solder Certification