Marina del Rey, CA
QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY -
* CORE COMPETENCIES - People Operations, Talent Acquisition Strategy & Execution, Social Recruitment, Employment Branding, Executive Search, Vendor Selection & Management, On-Boarding Program Design, Contract Negotiation, Change Management, Project Management
* Demonstrated success developing consultative strategic relationships with Senior Management and Key Stakeholders while designing and executing Talent Acquisition Strategies and Processes to engage, attract and retain pipeline of diverse high-caliber talent to satisfy Tactical and Strategic Enterprise Human Capital Requirements
* Demonstrated ability to review and assess existing Talent Acquisition Strategies (people, processes, technology) to identify strengths/gaps, then develop, execute and manage prioritized action plan to resolve identified gaps. Integrate Social Recruiting to create optimum recruiting model; function as Brand Evangelist to extend the Organization’s Employment Brand & EVP in the global talent marketplace to achieve Employer of Choice status
• Demonstrated large scale Talent Acquisition Project Management experience, successfully developing, executing, managing Talent Acquisition projects that exceed customer expectations with optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness - most recently at U.S. Department of Commerce
* Demonstrated experience hiring, training, mentoring, managing internal Talent Acquisition team members; selecting and managing external Talent Acquisition vendors to ensure seamless integration into the staffing process while maintaining continuity in presentation of the Organization's Employment Brand and EVP; implementing and managing metrics to assess Talent Acquisition Operations and maximize efficiencies
* Demonstrated success initiating and developing both full-time hire and internship programs with select university placement offices including MIT, University of Michigan, NYU and UCLA
Principal - People Operations / Talent Acquisition Strategy & Execution
January 2001 to Present
Global Talent Acquisition Strategy Development & Execution, Employment Branding, Social Recruitment Optimization, Executive Search on retained or project basis
Demonstrated experience in the following market sectors: Consumer Goods (beverages, sporting goods), Financial (banking, brokerage, insurance), Healthcare (healthcare plans, hospitals, medical providers, specialized healthcare services), Services (broadcasting/television, computer wholesale, management services), Technology (digital media, entertainment, healthcare information services, telecommunications, wireless), Utilities (wind, electric), Government (United States Department Of Commerce, Federal Reserve).
Please see addendum Gregg Tiryakian - Talent Acquisition / HRBP in additional information section below for detailed client information.
Director of Recruiting and Human Resources
February 2000 to January 2001
Responsible for designing and implementing a full-cycle Targeted Recruitment Strategy, successfully staffing employees in five (5) states for Chicago based CLEC start-up that provided regional B2B DSL connectivity. Participated as a member of the Senior Management team to develop and execute Strategic and Tactical Enterprise Recruitment / Retention Initiatives while also providing Human Resources management
Director of Recruiting and Human Resources
September 1997 to December 1999
Responsible for the development, implementation, execution and administration of Recruitment and Human Resources policies, procedures and systems at this IT company, which manufactures and refurbishes hardware, designs and develops software, and provides technical contracting and support services. Member of Senior Management Team, responsible for identifying Enterprise Human Capital requirements and implementing Talent Management programs and initiatives to satisfy the Company's Tactical and Strategic goals.
Director of Human Resources and Recruiting
July 1993 to August 1997
Responsible for all Human Resources and Recruitment leadership at national Media and Communications Company with two (2) service divisions and two (2) manufacturing divisions. Active participation and contribution to the senior management team in establishing a clear strategic agenda for people related programs that tied directly to key business strategies, goals and issues.
Senior Recruiter & HR Consultant
April 1989 to June 1993
Provided Retained and Contingency Search services and Human Resources consulting to client companies; trained and mentored Junior Consultants. Client companies included Arthur Anderson, Kmart, United Technologies, General Dynamics and Henry Ford Hospital.
1985 to 1989
Successfully provided IT recruiting services to client companies, including Chrysler Corporation, National Bank of Detroit, Detroit Edison and Federal-Mogul.
School of Labor and Industrial Relations - Human Resources Management Certification
B.S. in Business Administration
Addendum – Gregg Tiryakian – Talent Acquisition /HRBP
Successfully completed Talent Acquisition and Executive Search Engagements with client companies in a broad range of industries including but not limited to:
Automotive/Manufacturing - Ford Motor Co., Chrysler Corp., General Dynamics, Honeywell, United Technologies
Banking – Federal Reserve, National Bank of Detroit, Comerica, Manufacturers National Bank
Consumer Goods/ Retail - Kmart, Marshall Fields, Disney
Consulting/Professional Firms - Arthur Young, Booz Allen Hamilton, EDS, IBM, Grant Thornton, Coopers and Lybrand, KPMG
Energy & Utilities - Detroit Edison, GE Power (Wind Energy)
Government - United States Department of Commerce, Federal Reserve
Healthcare - H2H Solutions, Henry Ford Hospital System, United American Healthcare
Insurance - AAA, Blue Cross Blue Shield
Media/Entertainment - Google, Phillips, Producers Color Service, Technidisc, Walt Disney Co.
Telecoms - Sprint, Maverix.net, Ameritech
Successfully provided Talent Acquisition and Executive Search services for functional areas that include but are not limited to:
Accounting, Actuarial, Banking/Lending, Customer Service/Call Center, Distribution / Fulfillment, Engineering, Finance / Financial Officers, Government, Healthcare (clinical, technical, executive), Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal/Regulatory, Manufacturing/Production, Marketing, Network Management, Operations Management, Quality Assurance, R&D, Sales / Sales Management, Executive Management