Land O' Lakes, FL
Talented, goal driven, results oriented sales and marketing executive with more than sixteen years experience of demonstrated success and accomplishment in strategic planning, management, P&L responsibility, business development and vendor relations. Proven ability to lead and implement organizational initatives that consistently increase profitability in support of business goals and objectives.
MARCOM Manager, Latin America and Mexico
June 2010 to November 2011
* Marketing Strategy & Planning - Partner with the VP of Sales of Latin America and Global Marketing team to architect and continually update and optimize an integrated Marketing strategy. Utilize market data, consumer research and insights, and competitive intelligence to identify new opportunities and needs in the market to support the expansion, customization, and optimization of existing products / services, and customer segmentation initiatives that will drive customer acquisition and new revenue streams for the company.
* Communications, Promotions, Creative development - Develop the Brand's annual Advertising and Communication strategies, evaluate and help to develop / coordinate all brand creative, and lead the execution of these plans (ensuring consistency and the right look, feel and tone) across the full mix of Traditional and New Media. Lead and collaborate with all internal and Agency resources to ensure that critical customer touch points (e.g., print media, radio, web / e-mail, social, mobile, PR, customer service, etc.) are supportive of, and consistent with, the BlueStar Brand, integrated effectively, executed efficiently and focused on driving measurable business results.
* Functional Leadership & Development - Build and shape a highly-effective, world-class Marketing organization by hiring, training, motivating and setting leadership direction for all direct reports. Work closely and collaboratively with BlueStar's global marketing team. Review and enhance, where necessary, all Marketing processes, measurements, information systems, etc., that are needed to enable the overall Marketing function to operate efficiently and effectively.
* Develop and clearly articulate the marketing vision, then lead marketing team to execute with impact and on-strategy
* Agency Management - Provide direction to lead and/or local creative agency for campaign refreshes, adaptations and optimizations.
* Continually monitor and evaluate the competitive marketplace making adjustments to marketing strategy as required.
* Track results and perform ROI analysis on marketing initiatives to ensure programs are effective and lessons learned are captured.
* Part of the Executive Management team for Latin America region.
Marketing Manager, Global Communications and Marketing
October 2008 to February 2010
Marketing Manager, Global Communications and Marketing
* Successfully executed and implemented the design, branding, logistics and construction of the company's on-site venue called Club Brightstar in Barcelona, Spain at the 2009 and 2010 Mobile World Congress event. Traveled to Barcelona, Spain to assist in the build-out of the Club Brightstar venue. And, worked closely with Sr. Director of Global Marketing and Communications on the Mobile World Congress event for 2009/2010 to meet all project deadlines.
* Responsible for all product showcases for venue; worked successfully with TWI to manage the shipments from Miami to Barcelona and back - to ensure delivery date and time be on schedule.
* Attended weekly project meetings on a weekly basis with the stand-fitters in England named DeBoer and 4 Design to assist the Sr. Director of Global Marketing and Communications with design development, project management, caterers, models, video production, technical and electrical support, graphic design for messaging, branding, and collateral for venue; to selection of music and hosting private catered events in local space for other sponsors.
* Designed, developed and sold Sponsorship packages for Club Brightstar venue for vendors to participate at Mobile World Congress in 2009 and 2010. Attained $479K in sponsorship dollars in 2009, and surpassed goal of $380K respectively. In 2010, attained $420K, surpassed goal of $320K respectively.
* Managed time and dates of all conference meeting spaces that were to be held at Club Brightstar venue at Mobile World Congress 2009/2010. And assisted in hotel arrangements for all Brightstar employees and vendor sponsors.
* Successfully managed and executed all events for the Brightstar Latin America group in Miami from implementation to logistics, design, development, planning and launching key events to ensure maximum results for internal and external customers.
* Managed the content management of the company's intranet site on Microsoft Share Point Services 2007 application. Project lead to maintain intranet-site and train access users.
* Provided direction, guidance to other staff members with regard to ad campaigns, and collaborated on graphic designs for the company's branding and website and for event venues.
Marketing Communications Manager
December 2005 to May 2008
* Managed all Latin America Vendor relations, marketing programs, company branding, customer visits, trade shows and communications externally and internally.
* Oversaw the department and the administration of Coop/MDF vendor approvals, billings and collections. Responsible for preparing budgets and marketing's P& L.
* Responsible for the development and design of the new website and oversaw the web team to assist with the enhancements for Sales to increase sales revenue for distribution.
* In charge of developing and implementing marketing programs and Sales activities to increase overall revenue and/or customer breadth for distribution and vendors.
* Spearheaded all advertisement campaigns for corporate and multi-shared ads with Vendors/Sales and Product Marketing from design to deployment to print publications with the objective of increasing sales for manufacturers/distribution alike.
* Planned and handled the logistics, execution of corporate and in-country channel events. Working closely with outsourcing companies hired to assist with the development of such events in order to increase sales. Traveled to all road shows.
* Developed processes and procedures (that did not exist in the marketing department) to engage with vendors, sales, accounting and product marketing alike. Overseeing and training Sales in the development of corporate presentations to customers and in-country road shows.
* Partnered with Marketing Managers and traveled to three subsidiaries: Brazil, Chile and Mexico to train on processes and procedures set forth by corporate head quarters. Assisted and trained on cross-selling techniques to obtain funding for major events for all three subsidiaries from manufacturers.
Sr. Program/Account Manager - Marketing Services
August 2000 to October 2004
* Responsible for managing accounts and strengthening relationships with top vendors such as AOC, APC, Adobe, Belkin, Cisco Systems, Computer Associates, D-Link, EMC Software, Epson, Fujitsu Scanners, Hewlett Packard, IMC Networks, InFocus, Intel, Microsoft, Sony and Transition Networks and ViewSonic by developing effective marketing tools to penetrate and grow targeted markets.
* Implemented strategic marketing plans that led to 15-20% increase in quarterly market share and revenue for various vendors.
* Every quarter consistently exceeded profitability goal by an average of 108%.
* Designed and sold key focus campaigns to vendors to enhance their penetration into Latin America by increasing market/mind share to both internal and external customers.
* Spearheaded and managed road shows for SMB Market and in-country road shows for Resellers/Vendors.
* Developed and managed Marketing Annual Program and Budget of $1.5M.
* Conducted training to Project Development Account Managers/Event Planners.
Sr. Product Manager - Product Marketing Latin America
January 2000 to August 2000
* Successfully managed the Hewlett Packard/Compaq product line account.
* Exceeded sales performance and profit goals by 10-15% because of market forecast analysis performed that identified new opportunities to increase market share.
* Developed marketing strategies to enhance vendor co-op funded customer/vendor programs to increase product line growth and profitability.
* Liaison to Field Account Reps to assist with sales/product knowledge.
Business Development Manager
April 1996 to January 2000
* Account management and direct liaison of Adobe, Compaq, InFocus Lotus/IBM, Targus vendors.
* Achieved record numbers by increasing Lotus/IBM software sales from $1.5MM to $4.2MM and as a result Tech Data was awarded "Distributor of the Year" from 1996 -1998.
* Awarded "Exceptional Achievement Award 1998" for increased profit share of Compaq line.
* Directly responsible for increase in Adobe licensing sales by 52% by developing fast and streamlined product license delivery to resellers.
* Traveled extensively in-country throughout Central/South America and Caribbean to build and strengthen reseller relationships, coordinate vendor/reseller trainings, and collaborate with finance department in the development of creative financing solutions.
Inside Sr. Sales Representative -Caribbean division
December 1995 to April 1996
* Managed reseller accounts for established territory by maintaining solid relationships and providing strategic opportunities to increase sales revenues.
* Exceeded quarterly sales goals by 22% by identifying new opportunities in Microsoft licensing sales.
* Responsible for reseller recruitment and establishing new accounts.
1986 to 1989
Speak English and Spanish fluently. Excellent presentation skills. Proficient in Microsoft Windows XP, Office 2003/2007 applications. Experience with Oracle, Siebel, Lotus/Notes and SAP. Experience with Email Web based programs - eTarget. Worked with Content Management web based tool for internal website updates and changes and modifications.
References upon request.