To obtain a position, utilizing my 13-year background in event management, catering, sales, and restaurant management.
Executive Meeting Manager
November 2011 to May 2012
• Served as liaison between CO's, Presidents, Board members, and investors
• Researched and prospects investors
• Oversaw daily operations
• Planed meetings, fundraisers and event details, including catering and room set-up
• Managed vendors (i.e. caterers, audio visual, florists, and entertainment)
Assistant to the Financial Officer
September 2010 to October 2011
• Assisted the Financial Officer of Development and External Affairs with purchase
requests, invoicing, training, maintaining DEA records, and database management
• Assisted Reunion Programs and Program Services with event registration, mailing lists,
volunteer management, and on-site event management
November 2009 to March 2011
• Managed special events, catering, gallery openings and event logistics
• Developed relationships with local press/media, patrons and buyers
• Edited publications, updated and maintained social networking media and website
• Managed copy, design, and edited marketing materials for gallery openings and events
Director of Catering and Events
April 2005 to October 2009
• Managed and coordinated VIP events for luxury real estate firms
• Coordinated catering, specialty entertainment, and on-site event management
• Lead site-inspection prior to event to ensure proper set-up and presentation
September 2004 to March 2005
• Managed all aspects of scenic design and special events from communication with the client, vendors, and hotel departments, to set design and event production
• Scheduled and supervised union crews for event install and de-install
February 2004 to September 2004
• Destination and Special Event management for corporate and social groups
• Managed catering, entertainment, transportation, show tickets and private dining
• Collaborated with the director in the development of new sales and marketing strategies
• Coordinated event details with client and hotel operations teams
June 1999 to February 2004
• Designed décor, floral, and managed entertainment for corporate and social events
• Coordinated and supervised Epicurean and Bon Appétit events for the MGM Mirage Executive Chefs
• Collaborated on annual fundraiser events for the CEO of MGM Mirage Resorts
April 1996 to June 1998
• Hired as a Server, promoted to Manager after learning all areas of the restaurant
• Supervised staff, staff schedules and training
• Managed inventory, product orders and nightly bookkeeping
Bachelors in Art, Art History
• Event management experience with corporate and social groups from 50-1200 guests • Devoted and energetic self-motivator • Excellent organizational skills • Confident with computer systems • Rapid learner and able to grasp new ideas and concepts • Ability to multi-task and follow up with an eye for detail • Delphi, Micros, POS, and Open Table experience
Eating My City
Created and designed eatingmycity.com. I currently manage and maintain the website, copy, and social media.
James Beard Foundation, Executive Chef Martin Heierling, Sensi.
I designed theme table décor to coordinate with Chef Martin's menu when invited to cook at the James Beard House.
Special Events Magazine, Executive Pastry Chef Jean-Philippe Mauray, Aria.
Designed a chocolate wedding dress with Chef Jean-Philippe, which was featured on the magazine cover.
Savor Dallas, restaurant tasting event.
I coordinated and supervised vendors and volunteers.
Brazos Queen Restaurant, Studied restaurant management and culinary techniques.
The Cedars Social, Manager in Training and sommelier mentorship.