Ryan May is currently seeking employment opportunities in the public relations, marketing and communications field. Ryan is an industry leader with proven experience in planning, directing, and implementing organization's marketing, public relations, social media and communications activities. Visit him online at http://www.ryanmay.com
• Managed the communications efforts of the $4.5 billion dollar acquisition of Armor Holdings
• Spearheaded the creation of the BAE Systems’ first corporate Electronic Press Kit (EPK) and employee pocket guides to help unify the company’s media outreach at key trade shows.
• Established new media initiatives at BAE Systems including the use of Twitter, LinkedIn, and RSS Feeds.
• Launched CannonArtillery.com, which had 2,500+ active members, won numerous industry awards, deepened BAE Systems’ relationship with its customers at Ft. Sill and served as a model customer outreach tool that other areas of the company duplicated.
• Managed the NLOS Cannon unveiling event in summer 2008 which garnered significant media coverage and provided BAE Systems a platform to deepen relationships with the Army and Congressional leaders.
• Selected as one of 40 in a company of 110,000 to participate in the BAE Systems 2009 Emerging Leaders Program.
• International business experience including a working knowledge of Japanese language and culture.
RDM Consulting - Freelance Consultant
June 2010 to Present
• Notable expertise in consumer, business, military, and government marketing & PR.
• Ability to quickly assess best marketing strategies for wide variety of companies / industries.
• Capability to address PR, marketing and social media tactics to meet corporate business goals.
• Highly adept in crisis communications planning.
• Skilled presenter, invited to deliver numerous presentations on social media, PR & marketing.
Business Development Manage | Public Relations
July 2009 to June 2010
• Managed public relations outreach for the agency.
• Supported new business development.
• Developed client and agency social media strategy and execution.
• Led agency informational interview process.
U.S. Combat Systems Communications Manager
May 2008 to July 2009
• Managed communications for multi-million dollar global Navy & Army contracts.
• Developed & executed strategic public relations campaigns.
• Created visually-appealing videos & collateral to support the business development team.
• Worked closely with Navy & Army leadership team to support external communication programs.
• Developed & managed $2.5 million sales & marketing budget.
• Managed staff of five people, leading development of tradeshow PR, graphics & collateral materials.
• Supervised public relations agency's work to support Navy & Army Business Development.
Armor Holdings Acquisition Communications Manager
May 2007 to May 2008
• Coordinated "Day One" event plans at 14 BAE Systems' locations globally to celebrate two companies becoming one.
• Drafted speeches & talking points for "Day One" leadership events.
• Brand manager for new company signage, stationery & tradeshow planning.
• Managed the production of several editions of an acquisition update newsletter in three languages.
• Conceptualized "Day One" advertisements announcing acquisition of Armor Holdings.
• Crafted crisis communications plan for the BAE Systems new line of business.
April 2002 to May 2008
• Managed marketing efforts for multi-million dollar U.S. Army contracts.
• Supervised public relations agency executing strategic public relations campaigns.
• Managed internal Army programs communications including Intranet & newsletter.
• Created focused program-related advertising.
• Arranged VIP/customer visits & plant tours as needed.
• Built presentations for Congressional/VIP briefings.
Account Executive - Marketing/PR
September 1999 to April 2002
• Created client public relations & new Web site plans.
• Developed electronic press kits for Smead Manufacturing & Ryan Companies.
• Composed copy for client Web sites, wrote fact sheets & press releases.
• Built relationships with local, national, & international media.
• Developed press kits, sell sheets, direct mail advertisements & collateral pieces.
• Edited & wrote articles for company & client newsletters.
• Conducted award-winning research & managed specialized research software.
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism