Jersey City, NJ
Enthusiastic Occupational Therapist dedicated to achieving superior patient outcomes while participating as a member of a multidisciplinary case-management team. Effective Outcomes and results through multiple settings for over 20 years with enthusiasm and excellence in patient care and peer rapport.
Occupational Therapist (Travel)
October 2014 to Present
Varied diverse adult and pediatric inpatient population, OT Eval and treatment in Inpatient setting. PC Epic documentation and care plan, DC planning, patient education and training for fast return to home and work.
Huge inpatient caseload
Fast eval and discharge needed
Accurate and insightful documentation and interpersonal relationships with patients and staff in MICU SICU Orthopedic Trauma ER Cardiac Neurology and CVA TIA TBI as well ains psychiatry and lifestyle education and training to Acute care D/Cs and families
Insight Initiative Experience in medicine and diagnoses
Evaluation and Care Plan to all persons in varied frantic settings pediatric to adult to trauma to er to ICU
D/C planning and patient education / family and staff ed
CEO and Practicing Occupational Therapist
January 2013 to Present
Developed Occupational Therapy Programs in Independent Settings with 80% success.
• Pediatric Caseload through summer school 2014
Communicated with individuals of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds on a daily basis with 90% success.
• Develops innovative programs and activities based on analysis of community needs and interests.
• Creative Healthcare Education to Community Online and as speaker and Freelance Blogger and Vlogger for community health and wellness.
• Continues education at all times with rabid enthusiasm.
• Uses all new technologies available and is unafraid of change.
Occupational Therapist Contractor
November 2013 to March 2014
Evaluated and treated a wide range of conditions, including chronic and acute pain, disc prolapse, whiplash, dislocations, arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, stroke and neuropathies.
• Educated patients and family members regarding diagnosis, injury prevention and therapeutic treatments with excellent patient and family as well as co-worker feedback.
Occupational Therapist In Charge (Chief Occupational Therapist)
September 2008 to February 2013
As an experienced and creative OTR, I establish positive rapport and superior outcomes for all patients of all ages and families as well as per MDs.
❖ Accurately completes Insurance and Medicaid billing and Web Documentations in timely manner with 90% success and positive feedback.
❖ Develops and executes initial OT Program in Clinic with Staff and Independently.
❖ Educated patients and family members regarding diagnosis, injury prevention and therapeutic treatments.
❖ Evaluated and treated wide range of conditions per MD Order with Empathy and Positivity toward patient's levels of function, goals and cultural background.
❖ Monitored and recorded patient progress in response to therapy with 100% positive feedback.
Senior / Lead Occupational Therapist
September 2001 to August 2008
Recorded detailed prognosis, treatment, responses and progress notes in patient charts 100 percent of time.
• Facilitated outpatient occupational therapy for patients with knee and hip replacements, chronic pain and balance disorders.
• Delivered home care occupational therapy to homebound patients with COTA and fellow team members as needed with great enthusiasm and skill.
• Trained and oriented new occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants 100% success.
• Conducts Superior accurate and precise assessments of patient condition and functional abilities from SNF to Developmental Delay with Caregiver and Family Carryover.
• Assesses all Abilities and Skills as well as Developmental Progress throughout treatment as needed per MD with grace, understanding and caring. Patient is no 1!
• Facilitates outstanding Discharge Planning and Home and Family education across barriers, with 100% positive outcome/s.
Director of Occupational Therapy
July 1998 to February 2001
Martinsville, VA Outpatient Clinic.
• Headhunted from South Africa to establish an outpatient clinic in VA!
• Planned and administered a range of treatments and therapeutic exercise programs involving active and passive ranges of motion and muscle reeducation pediatric as well as adult caseload.
• Developed Occupational Therapy Program at the Outpatient Clinic For Adults and Pediatric Populations.
• Supervised and trained staff OTRs and COTAs in treatment documentation therapy administration pediatric schools and clinic settings with enthusiasm and dedication.
• Planned and administered range of treatments including therapeutic exercise programs involving active and passive ranges of motion and muscle reeducation.
• Managed a high-volume caseload and organized the daily schedules of COTAs and OTRs with ease and with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Sandy Kristal MS- OTR
201 640 1591
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Medicine, Psychiatry
Evaluation and treatment all ages and diagnoses. Psychiatry.Outpatients Acute and Long Term Care SNF DD ADHD research.Hospice care and EOL Care. D/C Planning and vocational rehabilitaton.
• Highly Trained in diagnostics and Occupational Therapy.
• Experienced in multiple settings.
• Skilled in Patient and Healthcare relations
• Outstanding Mentor and Supervisor.
• Great Team Builder and Member
• Energetic and positive Program Planner.
• BLS trained - up to date. • Communicates through barriers
• Computer Billing and Documentation • Patient Assessment Expert
• Works proactively with patients to ensure optimal outcomes at all times. • Independent, caring therapist through all ages and diagnoses