West Chester, PA
Service Operations ~ Business Relationship Management ~ Program Delivery
Service Operations Executive with a deep expertise in leading operations, vendor management and call center divisions for service organizations. Hands-on leader who utilizes proactive management and strong leadership techniques that result in increased stakeholder satisfaction and employee loyalty. Highly adept at conceptualizing solutions for complex operational problems. Self motivated and highly effective in providing direction to management and staff to facilitate sound business decisions.
• Managed the implementation of a company wide imaging solution and reengineered associated workflows resulting in improved service levels and with an annual cost savings of $250k.
• Reengineered Underwriting, Claims and Surrender processes; resulting in improved service, stricter compliance governance, gained operational efficiencies and a net savings of $150k annually.
• Strengthened Broker Dealer, Wholesaler and Financial Representative loyalty and confidence by reducing problem resolution metrics to hours, not days.
• Developed and implemented a corporate wide non-deliverable address system which minimized fraud risk and eliminated print, postage and escheatment expenses by $100k annually.
Director, Enterprise Operations
2000 to November 2011
• Provided strategic and operational leadership for Third Party Administration division and additional vendors supporting $2 billion in variable annuity assets.
• Directed the division comprising of service and technical operations. Facilitated all operational and technical staff for all product services. P&L responsibilities for the division.
• Act as key business sponsor between partners and leadership team to deliver programs and enhancements. Reduced “cost per policy” operating expenses by eliminating redundancy.
• Led divisional efforts to build bench strength and operational efficiencies through cross-training initiatives to adapt to changing economic times.
• Set strategic direction for operational improvements, cost reduction and overall process improvements.
• Provided guidance and oversight for all audit and compliance performance standards including service levels, compliance certifications and regulatory mandates. Used data analysis to proactively identify and provide early response to emerging issues. Launched regulatory initiatives for SOX, Anti-Money Laundering, GLB Privacy and security controls. Identified processes and procedures to support integration.
• Spearheaded the development of new workflow activities for New Business/1035, Premium, Disbursement, Policy Owner Services, Claim and Call Center; provide direction and oversight to all disciplines of the operation.
• Reduced project analysis and scope timelines by 25% as well as streamlining operations for internal and external customers.
Additional corporate level contributions include:
• Negotiated and facilitated all client contract discussion including pricing and service level agreements.
• Managed various IT programs and service vendors, including consultant work efforts, overall project deliverables and ongoing service metrics (SLAs).
• Integrated with off-shore applications development and maintenance teams to support the business and system needs. Improved relationship management performance and project cost efficiencies.
• Played critical role in business development efforts providing prospective clients a customized presentation of operations support for their respective needs and requirements.
1998 to 2000
• Oversaw all DVFS corporate operations including training, mail/fulfillment center, image center, vendor management, and file room.
1997 to 1998
• Provided overall leadership and direction as a business analyst for corporate wide and client specific projects.
1993 to 1997
- Led IRA Department for 100+ staff members ensuring accuracy across contribution processing and account set-up operations. Worked closely with various employment agencies on capacity planning. (1996-97)
- Led Individual Retirement Services staff in overseeing Profit Sharing, Money Purchase Pension and 403(b)7 retirement Plans. Activities and responsibilities included; oversight on plan member contributions, member distributions, plan governance and tax reporting. (1993-1997).
Trust Operations Officer
1988 to 1993
1985 to 1988
Bachelor of Science in Financial Management