• Objective: Mfg Engineering - PCB Layout – Schematic Capture – Mechanical Design
• Circuit Characterization and Data Analysis
• Component level troubleshooting
• Flight test instrumentation on various defense related projects
• Engineering Lab Management to meet ISO 9001, Lab setup from concept
• Test automation using Labview
• Software – Cadence , Orcad, Altium, Mentor Graphics, SolidWorks experience
• 3D Mechanical Design Experience, Drawing detailing, wiring, circuitworks
• Schematic Capture and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout
2010 to Present
• Responsible for Design, Layout, Assy, Fab, of High Rel PCB’s for Space Flight applications
• NASA 8739 and IPC solder certified and inspection – fine pitch to 0201 size components
• Minimization of EMI/EMC effects
• Selection, order placement, receiving, inspection, of High Rel components
• Support system testing and integration, Mechanical Design and Drafting, Cad component libraries including 3D models/bodies using Altium and SolidWorks
Senior Engineering Technician
2009 to 2010
Manage a Electronic Engineering Design Lab
♦ Conduct design verification testing.
♦ Assemble prototype PCB's
♦ Modify circuits
♦ Fine pitch soldering to 0201 and WCSP BGA packages
♦ Travel to outside facilities to conduct tests
♦ Design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype and/or deliverable hardware
Design Engineering Technician
2004 to 2009
Design of PCB's for bench and customer evaluation using Altium Designer suite of tools
♦ Supplier management
♦ Automated Data collection for device characterization reducing cycle time by aprox. 30%
♦ Setup and Manage lab activities for 60+ engineers
♦ Implemented annual calibration of lab equipment that eliminated downtime
♦ Successful completion on ISO 9001 lab audit
2003 to 2004
Lead Electronic Technician providing test and characterization support of calculators
♦ Prototype to production of calculator
♦ Design of PCB's using Mentor Graphics suite of tools.
♦ Automate testing using Labview.
♦ Evaluate customer returns to isolate defects.
♦ Manage (3) contract labor Engineering technicians.
2000 to 2003
Probe silicon and troubleshoot for performance improvements.
♦ Design customer evaluation (EVM) PCB's and bench evaluation PCB's.
♦ Analyze data to improve product performance.
♦ Perform capability studies and correlation studies on Automated Test Equipment (ATE).
Support qualification testing on new products.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in (AAS) Electronic Engineering
Mentor Graphics Design Capture