Lincoln Park, MI
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
2000 to Present
Reported directly to President/Publisher and also reported to regional and corporate levels for Human Resources, payroll, benefits and local accounts receivable/payable.
• Consistently selected by senior management to oversee special projects at the local level such as implementation of online benefits enrollment, online invoice processing and hosting of corporate budget and strategy meetings.
• Effectively performed all local human resources functions after restructure.
• Subject matter expert on policies/procedures and employee handbook; relied upon by all departments including President/Publisher.
• Managed and administered all employee incentive programs and maintained records which were reviewed by the controller.
• Created and distributed monthly newsletter for 85 employees, including column from the President/Publisher, new hires and "Around the Office" segment.
• Administrator of online supply ordering process. Managed user access, reviewed orders for eight departments in three locations, modified and released orders staying within budgetary guidelines.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
2000 to 2006
Assisted with all Human Resource functions and provided administrative assistance for President.
• Integral part of implementation team during conversion to new HR employee database.
• Performed accurate data entry of new records and updated information as needed in employee database.
• Maintained Outlook calendars and made travel arrangements for President and Human Resources Director.
• Assisted with planning and execution of all company special events.
ADVERTISING SERVICES SUPERVISOR
1999 to 2000
Supervised three advertising secretaries and one receptionist/switchboard operator. Coordinated administrative functions, monitored workflow.
• Cross-trained three secretaries to provide backup coverage for each other and the receptionist/switchboard operator.
• Selected for additional responsibility to provide administrative assistance for the local level publisher while performing supervisor role.
CLASSIFIED AND DISPLAY ADVERTISING SECRETARY
1997 to 1999
Provided clerical and administrative support and for two advertising departments.
• Selected to be trained as backup classified paginator; successfully trained at C-Text company and qualified for the back-up position.
• Scheduled and submitted for publication all legal advertising for 18 communities.
• Managed the data entry and edition scheduling for all death notices received by fax, mail or via the telephone.
• Created new lineage rate spreadsheet used by all classified advisors on a daily basis to quote a classified advertising rate for the customer.
1993 to 1997
Greeted customers, visitors and vendors. Answered 10 line switchboard.
• Upon promotion, wrote front desk procedure manual and trained other employees.
• Problem Solving
• Special Events
• Benefit Administration
• Employee Relations
• File Maintenance
• Data Entry
• Supply Ordering
• Building Maintenance
Microsoft Office Suite, ADP Enterprise, Oracle iProcurement