Proactive professional with 20+ years of hands-on experience working with all aspects of quality management systems in both large and small manufacturing companies. Results-driven individual with the ability to communicate and build relationships on all levels within the organization as well as with customers. Problem solver with the ability to simplify processes and procedures while satisfying customer expectations. Demonstrated strengths in:
• Process review and optimization
• Team building
• Problem investigation and resolution
• Lean methodology
• Data analysis and reporting
• Coaching and training
• Conflict resolution
• Interpretation of customer requirements
• PPAP, FMEA, and control plan documentation
• ISO 9001, AS 9100 and TS 16949 implementation
Quality Assurance Supervisor
2014 to Present
• Maintain and enhance the company ISO 9001 quality management system
• Supervise calibration specialist and document control specialist
Quality Manager - Lancaster Parts Plants
2013 to 2014
• Maintain and enhance the company ISO/TS 16949 quality management system and ISO 14001 environmental management system
• Develop and publish key performance metrics
2011 to 2013
Producer of precision rolled metal foil and strip for the medical, aerospace, electronics, and strain gage industries.
Supervised inspection department and developed a more efficient quality management system to comply with medical, aerospace, and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) quality standards.
• Simplified quality systems throughout company by evaluating key processes and eliminating unnecessary work.
• Served as quality management representative for ISO 9001 certification, achieving two consecutive recertification audits with zero nonconformances.
• Resolved issues within the inspection department with repetitive motion injuries by re-engineering standard work practices.
• Reduced both internal and external rejection rates via a thorough review of nonconforming product and establishment of new accept/reject standards, increasing product yield up to 90% and reducing claim dollars to less than 1.3% of sales dollars.
Quality Systems Coordinator
2010 to 2011
Largest producer of aluminum forgings in North America for the automotive, heat sink, transportation, and construction industries.
Quality Systems Coordinator
• Enhanced and maintained the quality management system to ensure compliance with customer, ISO 9001 and ISO/TS 16949 (Technical Supplement for the automotive industry) standards.
• Provided mentoring to the sales department on contract review requirements which led to successful certification to the ISO/TS 16949 automotive standard.
• Analyzed and reported data to upper management regarding internal and external nonconformances; data was used to initiate appropriate process improvement efforts throughout the organization.
• Performed investigations and dispositioned customer claims to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining the financial goals of the company.
• Developed and conducted basic problem solving coaching for production employees to resolve customer complaints.
• Interpreted customer quality requirements and developed control plans, ensuring consistently high quality product.
1989 to 2010
World-leading producer and distributor of specialty metals for multiple industries, including aerospace, automotive, medical, and power generation.
• Led successful implementation of Nadcap (aerospace special process qualification) for materials testing, heat treating, and ultrasonic testing to meet the requirements of aerospace prime contractors.
• Interpreted quality system standards from numerous industries (aerospace, medical, nuclear, automotive) and incorporated these requirements into production procedures and quality system documents.
• Redesigned the internal audit system from procedure-based to a process audit system in order to comply with the requirements of major aerospace customers, reducing audit manpower requirements by 50%. Further enhanced program by adding a layered audit system which incorporated self-audits by department supervision.
• Designed and implemented formal corrective action systems for both internally generated and customer issued nonconformance reports, allowing easier data collection for analyzing trends.
• Performed extensive data analysis to support a wide variety of continuous improvement teams.
• Interfaced with customers on audits, technical issues, and complaints, achieving resolution that was satisfactory to both Carpenter and the customer.
• Co-authored operating procedures for inside sales to standardize practices in multiple sales offices. This standardization led to elimination successful completion of ISO audits of the sales department with zero nonconformances.
• Conducted training for new employees as well as experienced employees on statistical process control (SPC), auditing, root cause analysis, and quality systems.
• Initiated cross-functional teams to review administrative processes, ultimately eliminating redundancies and improving efficiencies.
Prior positions with Grove Manufacturing, Airco Welding Products, Hoeganaes Corporation, Hobart Brothers, and Alloy Rods (ESAB Welding Products) where accomplishments included writing and issuing purchasing specifications, reviewing engineering drawings, training production personnel in SPC methodology, formulating welding electrodes, and establishing fracture mechanics testing procedures.
B.S. in Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
Quality systems development
1992 to 2004
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Minitab, SAS
Six Sigma Green Belt