Castle Rock, CO
I am an experienced IT infrastructure and application manager looking for a similar position in the Denver area.
June 2010 to Present
Established strategic and tactical Information Technology infrastructure within $80 million corporation in government sector. Defined and executed IT strategies and objectives to maximize five year impact utilizing new and existing systems and position systems for scalability. Managed development, design and delivery of solutions to meet business goals as defined by executive team and provided Tier 3 support.
• Prepared and executed an IT strategy that reduced administrative costs and direct labor costs while increasing system availability and functionality.
• Designed and oversaw network, security and telephony infrastructure builds of two new office locations and datacenter relocation
• Architected and managed server consolidation and virtualization resulting in 65% server reduction
• Implemented Linux (Ubuntu), Windows 7, Office 2010, Server 2008, Exchange 2010, VoIP, and VMware virtualization.
• Provided business analysis, justification and implemented Mobile Device Management (MDM) for smartphones and tablets.
• Created, tested and implemented disaster recovery, business continuity and incident response plans
• Managed Infrastructure and Application development teams by delegating work assignments, setting goals and expectations and providing training
• Planned and managed $1.8 M departmental budget and datacenter capacities
• Documented and reported overall metrics and status, break/fix issues and project status to project stakeholders, executives and team members
Project Manager (contract)
September 2009 to February 2010
Directed and coordinated activities of multiple infrastructure and web financial projects through delegated members of project teams. Project size up to $3.2 MM.
• Accountable for project completion, project documentation, profit & loss, delivery of approved scope and realizing expected project results with high quality
• Managed matrixed teams that are geographically dispersed on and offshore
• Developed and maintained project schedules and budgets, managed risks and issues, provided status reports, contingency plans and risk/issue resolution
Project Network Engineer
April 2008 to April 2009
Technical Lead on international corporate networks and systems and managed IT projects. Designed and Implemented disaster recovery and business continuity plans for US and India based locations and developed processes and procedures for ARES, MIC & JAM systems.
• Managed multiple IT initiatives to lean company: Implemented What’s Up Gold and Ipswitch ServiceDesk to monitor equipment and services; Developed incident reporting and action procedures that reduced IT support response time; Documented network and server infrastructure and procedures
• Performed backup & recovery audits, security analysis and security vulnerability probes and reporting.
• Managed and administered systems and networks, Cisco ASA and Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco routers and switches for ~3000 users. Responsible for physical and logical security
• Managed and administered DNS, AD, DHCP, Exchange 2003, 2007, IIS, Debian Linux, WSUS, VPN’s, Backup Exec, Siemens HiPath 3800, Riverbed, & BES server
US Infrastructure Manager\Project Engineer, QC Data
July 2004 to February 2008
Responsible for all computer, communication & security networks & operations throughout the U.S. Managed multiple projects up to $4 MM to support ~1100 users nationwide including the design and build out of four new office facilities throughout the US.
• Architected & performed the merge of technologies of purchased companies. Analyzed equipment, contracts, policies & procedures to blend technology and services while maintaining SLA’s.
• Managed multiple domestic & international projects. Analyzed needs & developed solutions to meet goals. Developed workflow & technology models to present to corporate & client execs.
• Continued ARES research & development project led to $1.5 MM, $33 and $474 MM contract awards.
• Performed business impact analysis & developed disaster recovery plans, backup procedures & SLA’s
• Performed security & process audits to comply with contractual obligations, HIPAA & ISO certification.
• Implemented RSA server and PGP encryption for securing data transfer
• Managed and directed contractors, vendors & direct personnel. Maintained vendor contracts.
• Managed and administered networks, Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco routers and switches, Dell switches, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, Dell and Red Hat Linux servers, DNS, AD, DHCP, Exchange 2003, IIS, WSUS, VPN’s, RSA, RIM Blackberry and ESI phone systems.
Progressive Systems Engineer
April 2003 to July 2004
Managed new & existing domestic IT projects nationwide that directly affected 50% of the company’s revenue. Traveled 40% to perform system and network expansions, installations and maintenance.
• Designed & prepared casino networks with 500 – 2000 nodes per site and managed related installation projects including contracted work verification, initial system sign-off & network testing.
• Set up Las Vegas Disaster Recovery Site with dark fiber direct to Reno facility.
• Reduced HP service charges by over $8000 per month by renegotiating maintenance contract & SLA.
• Designed, built & configured Windows 2003 clusters, Stonegate firewall clusters & networks for approximately 320 sites interconnected via land based & satellite VPN.
• Administered Windows 2003, NT 4.0 & VMS 5.5 & 7.3 servers & implemented fault tolerant solutions
July 2001 to February 2003
Organized and managed IT department and various network and computer projects. Supervised a team of four employees.
• Managed regional IT projects and audio/visual entertainment aircraft installation/modification projects.
• Administered & managed technical activities of installation, operation & maintenance of hardware.
• Managed the integration of external vendor tasks & reviewed vendor deliverables.
• Developed web-based training materials and documentation for entire company.
• Administered & managed telephone PBX system
• Established criteria to identify & analyze business needs resulting in streamlined & defined procedures for product selection, vendor identification & purchasing.
• Performed internal audits & revised procedures & documentation governing email, access control & Internet usage to meet corporate requirements.
• Standardized IT environment & implemented redundant systems to increase availability & security.
• Developed & maintained yearly IT budget of approximately $650,000.
Computing Systems & Network Admin & Integration Specialist
January 1999 to January 2003
Managed domestic & foreign computing projects for the wind tunnel testing labs including the design, configuration, installation of remote networks using multiple operating systems (HP-UX, VMS, NT) with those of other companies & government agencies. Included analysis, estimation, procurement & support from conception to post-completion.
• Reorganized computing assets & reduced excess inventory while enhancing performance resulting in a 40% reduction of overhead costs & profit from surplus sale.
• Managed multiple projects designing & setting up remote computing networks at domestic & international sites with secure communication paths to company locations.
• Designed, installed & administered new networks & computing infrastructure for new facilities. Performed transition seamlessly with no adverse affects.
• Performed system administration on HP, VMS, & Windows servers in a large data center environment.
• Optimized performance & functionality without production interruptions or delays.
As an IT Manager with over ten years of expertise in project management, budget management, cost reduction and management of staff and vendors, I have a solid record in leadership, technology mergers and management of local and global systems and network solutions. I am experienced with corporations and government agencies in the fields of aviation, defense and space, casino gaming and geospatial information systems (GIS) and have been responsible for both national and international IT and telephony infrastructure and operations.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
• Managed technical growth to support company expansion from 13 local users to over 1100 nationwide while maintaining day-to-day activities and providing pre and post-sales technical knowledge.
• Managed global IT teams and offshore datacenters
• Infrastructure design, build-out and management of offices and datacenters in the US, UK, and Ireland
• 12 years of project management in the fields of IT and aircraft maintenance managing teams of professionals and individuals to complete IT infrastructure projects and aircraft completions that meet or exceed goals and business expectations
• Evaluated, redesigned and rebuilt networks, systems and processes at 3 companies that resulted in $1.1 million, […] and […] reductions in yearly overhead and staffing costs while maintaining 99% uptime.
• Performed business analyses and developed and tested Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
• Explored emerging technologies and applications and how they may benefit the company. Implemented processes and other services.
• Maintained 24/7 high availability networks that generated over $1 billion profit for company. Total monetary transfers over the networks exceeded $40 billion annually.
• Experienced with Microsoft products, HP Unix, Ubuntu Linux, Cisco and Juniper routers and switches, VMware and Cisco, Checkpoint and Netscreen firewalls
Managing and administering systems, networks and people requires careful planning, execution, technical skills and respect for different cultures. A tenacious and resourceful problem solver, I am quick to respond offering outstanding organizational skills and an exceptional work ethic to provide oversight and motivation of staff members to deliver the company’s information management requirements through challenges and adversity. These qualities will enable me to make a positive, valuable and immediate contribution to your operations.