Authorized to work in the US for any employer
October 2015 to Present (8 months)
Fort Shafter: Performed design review and approval of network design and Bill of Materials in response to RFP for Phase 1 of new facilities at US Army base Fort Shafter in Honolulu, HI.
SkyWest Wi-Fi: Used extensive IT infrastructure and wireless knowledge coupled with aviation structures and modification experience to lead a team of aircraft and avionics technicians to install Wi-Fi on regional aircraft reducing aircraft downtime by over 60%. Performed server and network configuration and testing.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
October 2013 to October 2015 (2 years)
Contracted to Defense Information Systems Agency to manage virtualization implementation projects and provide engineering solutions for Windows, UNIX and Linux OS using VMware ESXi. Reduced misreported assets by 30% by reengineering reporting processes and scripts.
• Performed system analysis and designed engineering solutions and plan, schedule and execute hardware and system upgrades and implementations. Monitored progress to meet deadlines, standards and budget.
• Administered and managed Windows and Linux systems
• Excelled in guiding the work of technical teams. Articulated project goals and scope, translated business needs into technical terms, prepared detailed work breakdown structures (WBS) and instilled shared accountability for achieving project milestones.
• Assigned resources, tracked progress, managed project budgets, and analyzed workloads using MS Project.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
June 2010 to October 2013 (3 years, 4 months)
Reengineered Information Technology infrastructure and software development to increase corporate production and support government clients. Developed IT strategies, standards and tactical plans to maximize five year impact. Managed design, development and delivery of application solutions to meet business goals as defined by executive team.
• Prepared and executed information management and change management processes that reduced administrative costs and direct labor costs while increasing system availability and functionality.
• Oversaw administration of local and wide area networks, systems, help desk, communications and assets.
• Built and maintained active, collaborative relationships with all levels of Leadership. Ensured high level of partnering on strategic initiatives and business priorities
• Using agile methodology, managed development projects utilizing daily and weekly scrums to deliver products to clients. Used MS Project for scheduling, budgeting and tracking.
• Major projects included two new office locations, datacenter relocation and web-based intranet sites for operations
• Architected and managed server consolidation and virtualization resulting in 65% server reduction.
• Implemented SharePoint, Windows 7, Office 2010, Server 2008, Exchange 2010, VoIP, and VMware virtualization.
• Kept abreast of modern technologies such as Mobile Device Management. Provided business analysis, justification and implemented MDM for smart phones and tablets.
• Delegated work assignments, set goals and expectations and provided training for infrastructure and software development teams.
• Documented and reported overall metrics and status, break/fix issues and project status to executives, project stakeholders, and team members
CONSULTANT - PROJECT MANAGER/ENGINEER
April 2008 to June 2010 (2 years, 2 months)
Managed international project teams to complete multiple infrastructure and web financial application projects up to $5.2 MM for engineering, financial and telecomm clients.
• Designed a global ship to shore satellite communication network for the US Navy.
• Performed virtualization of Windows and Unix OS using VMware
• Accountable for project completion, project documentation, profit & loss, delivery of approved scope and realizing expected project results with high quality
• Managed international teams to move and convert large financial institution’s RDBMS to IBM DB2
• Provided technical knowledge to telecomm engineering firms while continuing two year R&D project for AT&T.
• Using MS Project, developed and maintained project schedules and budgets, managed risks and issues, provided status reports, contingency plans and risk/issue resolution
• Technical Lead on international corporate networks, systems and IT projects
• Designed and Implemented disaster recovery and business continuity plans for US and India based locations
July 2004 to February 2008 (3 years, 7 months)
Oversaw nationwide computer, communication, security, and network operations. Directed multiple projects supporting ~1100 users internationally including the design and build out of 4 US facilities.
• Architected merges of technologies of purchased companies. Analyzed equipment, contracts, policies and procedures to blend technology services while maintaining SLA’s.
• Managed multiple domestic and international projects. Analyzed needs to develop solutions, workflows and technology models presented to corporate and client executives.
• Designed and performed engineering of virtualization of Windows, Linux and Unix OS using VMware and Hyper V.
• Performed business impact analysis to develop disaster recovery plans, backup procedures and SLA’s
• Performed security and process audits to comply with contractual obligations, HIPAA & ISO compliance.
• Managed and directed contractors, vendors & direct personnel. Maintained vendor contracts.
PROGRESSIVE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
March 2003 to July 2004 (1 year, 4 months)
June 2000 to February 2003 (2 years, 8 months)
NETWORK ADMIN & INTEGRATION SPECIALIST
January 1999 to February 2003 (4 years, 1 month)
BS in Information Technology
AAS in Aeronautical Technology
ITIL v3 Foundation
May 2015 to Present
CompTIA Security + CE
December 2013 to December 2016
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Process Reengineering
- Datacenter Design & Implementation
- Infrastructure Systems Engineering
- Enterprise-wide Implementations
- Technology Development
- Requirements Definition
- ROI Analysis
- Disaster Recovery
- Business Continuity
- Project/Program Management
- Budget Management
- Vendor Management
- Team Leadership
- IT Governance
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Exchange 2007, 2010 administration & migration
- VMware ESXi
- Unix & Linux
- Switch and router administration
- Firewall administration & VPNs
- Network Design & implementation
- Network & System Monitoring & Management
- Mobile Device Management
- All Microsoft products including SharePoint 2010, 2013
- Microsoft Project
- WSH, VBScript, VB 5/6, C+ scripting