With over 20 years of experience, in a supervisory/superintendents capacity, I have worked across a wide range of areas, including mining construction sites.
August 2011 to October 2011
• Supervised the installation of the Pipework for the bullets at the new location.
November 2010 to August 2011
• Managing installation of 630mm dia. Poly Pipe in the dewatering project.
April 2010 to September 2010
• Supervised the installation of underground HD Poly pipe and galvanized steel pipe work for the fire water and potable water ring mains.
2008 to 2010
July 2007 to January 2008
• Supervised the construction of the flotation plant at Prominent Hill, South Australia
November 2006 to July 2007
• Supervised local projects
• Assisted in the tendering process of several projects
Piping and Procurement Supervisor
October 2005 to December 2006
• Supervised pipe work installation and pipe rack construction.
Procured materials and supervised pipe lay down yard
July 2003 to December 2004
• Supervised mechanical and piping installation in the copper and uranium train areas and pipe rack construction.
June 1996 to March 1997
• Supervised mechanical and piping installation in the yellow cake plant, ammonia storage area, and copper and uranium treatment areas.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY con't
General Foreman Piping
May 1991 to February 1995
• Supervised 126 local tradesmen in constructing pipe work
• Mechanical installation of a five story wet screen building
• All plumbing and services pipe work in construction of 4000 man camp
• Mechanical and pipe work in construction of a 80 mega watt power station
• Awarded Certificate of Appreciation for Very Outstanding Performance
- achieved the milestone of energising two engine/generator units in Power Plant C ahead of schedule
Site Foreman for Piping and Mechanical
May 1989 to February 1991
• In charge of mechanical and piping installation
• Directing and controlling rigging crews on various projects
• Recruiting and supervising 30 tradesmen
• Liaise with client
• Completing project on schedule and within budget
October 1988 to May 1989
• Installing conveyor systems at Nissan car plant in Clayton, Victoria
• Installing pipe and pump systems at Australian paper Mills in Fairfield, Melbourne
October 1988 to May 1989
• Manufacturing railway track laying equipment
1977 to 1988
Barclay Bros - Fiji
• Supervision of 54 Fijian trades people at a hydro-electric project
• Overseeing maintenance of underground mining equipment and generators
PT Inco Nickel Mine - Indonesia
• Supervised maintenance of conveyor systems in Nickel mine
• Training approximately 20 local craftsmen
Aveling Barford - Brisbane, Qld.
• Rebuilding Isuzu and Cummins engines
• Overhauling Westinghouse brake systems fitted to Uchlid trucks
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY cont'd
Komatsu Australia - Brisbane, Qld.
• Conducted assembly and pre-delivery checks of new 175 ton rear dump trucks, dozers
excavators, front end loaders, and motor graders
• Installed automatic fire systems on heavy equipment
• Repaired second hand heavy equipment3
1976 to 1977
• Installation of piping during construction work of an oil refinery, a brewery, and dog
1975 to 1976
• Carrying out maintenance on all aspects of industrial waste trucks
• Repaired hydraulics
• Rebuilt engines and transmission systems
1974 to 1975
• Maintained conveyor systems, pipe work, hammer mills and ball mills in Nickel processing
1973 to 1974
• Refurbished old pipe work in an ammonia plant
1972 to 1973
• Installing/maintaining chipboard manufacturing presses and associated production machinery
Airframe Fitter/Fitter Apprenticeship
1966 to 1972
• Airframe Fitter at RAAF bases in Butterworth Malaysia, Perth WA, and Amberley Qld.
• Worked on the Canberra, F111, and the Machii Jet Trainers
• Supervisory skills (across culturally diverse regions)
• Pipework, welding, and fitting
• Motor Mechanics
• Diesel fitting