Charlton City, MA
2011 to 2013
• Designed ABB converter based magnet controller with test run data collection capability using
Allen-Bradley Micro850 and PanelView.
Electrics and Automation Engineer
2008 to 2011
• Wrote Functional Descriptions and created Motor & Components Lists for coil handling systems.
• Electrical project leader for a vertical compacting machine with S7-300 PLC and HMI.
1994 to 2007
• Controls Engineer for Manufacturing Engineering department.
• Designed and integrated a FANUC five axis robot into an automated sinter furnace loading system with Allen-Bradley MicroLogix PLC.
• Designed portable 100% weighing system. Wrote Allen-Bradley SLC-500 PLC logic to solve for Standard Deviation, display the results and send it to a printer.
• Upgraded existing relay controlled presses to PLC's with HMI's and VFD's.
• Developed PLC interfacing for DRS computer based Resonance Tester, Etamic and Marposs tower gauges, Sony single and triple axis gauges and Banner vision systems.
• Converted machine with "obsolete" PLC's to current model PLC's.
1985 to 1994
• Developed GE and Cutler-Hammer PLC based controls for three new products.
• Designed custom pneumatic circuits.
• Developed a library of hydraulic, pneumatic, JIC electrical and ISA symbols.
• Developed P&ID drawings, fuel gas pipe rack details and submitted complete controls package for Factory Mutual approval.
• Designed Modicon 584 PLC controls for the operation and burner management of two gas fired dryers, one gas fired curing oven and two steam heated dryers.
Controls Designer II
1974 to 1985
• Performed design, programming and project leader responsibilities of controls for three vertical Disc grinders for GE's fully automated refrigerator plant.
Controls Designer I
• Interfaced a Bendix robot to load/unload two OD cylindrical grinders.
• Group leader of other electricians during machine construction.
STEP7 Technology Transfer
HVACR Master Techinician Course
GE Series Six and APM II Programming
Retired, US Army Reserve