Logistics Consultant/Project Manager - Contract
March 2010 to Present
Leading national brick manufacturer and building supply distributor with approximately $500MM in sales.
Consultant/Project Manager - Contract March 2010 - Current
• Developed and wrote Standard Operating procedures for Sales Distribution Centers.
• Updating Logistics Standard Operating procedures
• Developing Lean Standard Work Procedures
• Leading project to develop a training video for yard personnel and drivers
• Updating Commercial Driver Handbook
Regional Logistics/Operations Manager
June 2004 to October 2008
Developed and directed a team of 4 fleet managers, 4 dispatchers, 9 Shipping Supervisors, 60 warehouse workers and 100 drivers serving a five state area. Established and implemented a new logistics design and organization
* Realized $2.6 MM annual savings with centralized dispatching
* Delivered $1.6 MM in backhaul lane savings
* Attained 99.8% on-time customer delivery performance, 99.9 % inventory accuracy
* Collaborated with Sales and Manufacturing in three regions and promoted the new organization successfully integrating logistics into the corporate culture while attaining record high sales levels.
* Created and implemented Corporate Strategic Logistics Safety Program
* Managed fleet and dispatch operation of up to 100 tractor-trailers with $15 MM annual budget.
* Negotiated a fleet preventive maintenance program with vendor to ensure fleet reliability and safety.
* Implemented Corporate Logistics Sustainability Program to address engine emissions, fuel savings and run off objectives.
Advanced Supply Chain Solutions Representative & Consultant
2002 to 2004
2002 - 2004
* Developed and sold $ 1.5 MM supply chain solutions for high profile customers
* Cultivated relationships and provided targeted solutions in manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, packaging, light mfging, kitting resulting in timely customer service and customer retention success
Manager - Regional Customer Service
July 2001 to September 2002
Manager, Regional Customer Service 2001 - 2002
Led Domestic Service Centers servicing strategic customers with over $600 million in annual sales. Led team of 3 Regional Customer Service Managers, a Training Manager and a Manager of E-Business.
* Led a reorganization project consolidating eight Customer Service Centers into three reducing operational costs by $1.5 million and reducing staff from 75 to 37.
* Developed successful customer service strategies for strategic customers.
* Created and managed process improvement initiative to handle increased load with less personnel delivering organization change with no impact to the customer.
* Collaborated with Account Managers in calling on key customers to review Center changes and reassure that service quality would not be impacted.
* Established business development strategies and partnered with sales team in creating proposals and presentations to key customers.
* Managed the quality System - ISO 9000, QS 9000. Wrote procedures and trained personnel to ensure compliance to standards, facilitated audits with registrar.
Manager Carpenter Care - E-Business Site
January 2000 to July 2001
Led development, launched and managed Carpenter's e-business site targeted to key customers $ 600MM in sales.
* Consulted with customers to identify needs and define user requirements for the site. Acted as liaison to IBM developers in site creation and launch.
* Created campaign to register external customers and build site usage.
* Called on customers to demonstrate site usability and efficiency and trained customers on site usage.
* Successfully migrated targeted customers resulting in improved efficiency and customer retention.
Supply Chain Manager
July 1997 to January 2000
Directed seven Distribution Centers in the Eastern US. Seven direct Managers and 40 indirect reports.
* Co-led the re- design of the distribution network consolidating 15 Distribution Centers into 7 - resulting in a savings of $6 MM.
* Led Six Sigma team for developing operational efficiencies that generated $300K in revenue.
* Developed Value Added Service Program generating revenue of $2MM.
* Managed transition to Third party management of Distribution Centers: Sold value to organization and customer base. Trained and managed Third Party vendor.
* Developed/wrote procedures to meet requirements of ISO 9000 and QS9000. Trained personnel in procedures and facilitated audits with registrar.
* Supply Chain Performance Enhancement * Distribution Center Management
* Six Sigma Champion
* Six Sigma Team Sponsor
* Safety Leadership
* Training, Developing and Mentoring
* Effective Team Building
* Innovative Customer Service Solutions
* Global Logistics (Transportation & Warehousing)
* Creating Business Process Excellence
* Network Rationalization/Optimization
* ISO/QS 9000 Facilitator
* Culture Change Leadership * Project Management
LinkedIn Website - http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbigelow