Aliso Viejo, CA
District Manager (Socal, HI, LV)
2010 to Present
Largest Manufacturer and Distributor of Flooring Products) La Mirada, CA (2010 to present)
Oversee a team of 8 Territory Managers and act as a mentor to the sales force providing training, guidance and development. Grow and enhance TMs as well as further relationships with new and existing customers. Work with TMs to fulfill sales deals when needed. Develop training programs for TMs on how to create business plans in order to grow sales in struggling territories. Establish network of business relationships to help introduce new and continued business opportunities.
• On-boarded 5 new Territory Managers
• Improved sales in HI, SD, LV, and LA territories LY numbers.
• Developed quarterly coaching plans to grow Territory Manager's knowledge of how to sell and grow their business in a struggling economy.
• Decreased district spending on Claims, Returns, and Samples to support bringing Region to profitability.
Regional Product Consultant
2009 to 2010
Accountable for attaining high growth sales quotas (over 600K in growth), increasing products and electronic revenue, acquiring new accounts as well as maintaining existing accounts ($2M annual revenue). Managed an inside sales and customer care associate and 100 accounts.
• Increased account base by 50 accounts; 12 of those top revenue producers for company.
• Turned around shrinking product sales and increased product line penetration by 10%.
• Closed the largest print account in the company to date (90k in sales).
• Trained customer base to run a profitable business in a recession, increase online print sales, use social networking to drive more referrals, develop packages to increase average sales, all lead to better client retention and higher product sales.
Regional Business Director
2004 to 2008
VP level position reporting to CEO; directed a cross-country sales team of 4 District Managers and over 50 Sales Representatives in a $15 million internet based brand. Involved in all business start-up activities of the first national wedding photography company - such as developed training programs for sales reps, created value-add consultative sales presentations, opened new territories, hired and trained both sales and management positions.
• Drove the field sales operation and grew sales by increasing close rate from 50% to over 70% with 2x plus growth year over year.
• Spearheaded the design of $15 million sales structure to support sales growth in ever-changing startup environment, developed and implemented numerous support and training tools to lay the groundwork for triple-digit growth in revenue, and significant headcount growth.
• Implemented several different sales channels, brick and mortar, telesales and internet as well as launch of Bella's first inside sales team.
• Created multiple performance management tools, which led to quick ramp up of new-hires.
• Made strategic decisions about pricing and product diversification that enabled company to dominate the wedding memory market.
National Sales Manager
1999 to 2004
Hands on Sales Manager responsible for sales, operations, marketing, product development, pricing, hiring and training, and strategic planning. More than doubled sales revenue through direct sales to OEMs as well as diversified sales channels to sell a retail product line. Engaged in project planning and growth management in rapidly changing business environment.
• As National Sales Manager of a $10 million business, accelerated revenue performance 200%, increased market share by selling direct to retailers and growing distribution channels.
• Protected Filbur products against competition by leveraging new market opportunities, creating innovative product offerings, and implementing highly effective account management and customer retention strategies.
• Designed and executed marketing strategies including: tradeshow exhibitions, product catalog and steered development and launch of company's first website.
• Supervised and hired independent sales representatives, and an in-house inside sales team that provided on-going support to the dealers, which lead to more leads and increased profits.
1998 to 1999
Hired to oversee operations of the highest volume ($50 million) business unit at Disneyland.
• Manager in charge of monitoring and training guest service which included developing programs to educate cast members and managers in how to better their guest service.
• Developed recruiting and hiring practices and trained the retail managers to go outside the park to find experienced sales people; including mall walking techniques and networking skills and aided in developing SOP for recruiting.
• Successfully started program called "Mentears" to help new cast members get orientated to working at Disneyland in order for them to ramp up quickly for the busy summer season.
District Sales Manager - Cacique
1993 to 1998
Created a new brand with the Limited Corporation of high-end women's lingerie. Promoted from Co-Manager to Store manager then to District Manager to oversee $5 million multi-unit territory. Opened and set goals for new stores across Southern California. Hired and trained managers, sales and support staff. Developed new product lines and programs to support rapid US expansion.
• Created a sales specialist and client book program where key sales people worked like personal shoppers and networked outside of the store to gain more clients. This program resulted in an almost 100% growth in sales.
• Assist with new store locations, from initial site selection and budgeting to store stock levels, staffing requirements, and grand opening events.
• Reduced sales-force turnover to nearly nonexistent and upgraded quality of candidates hired by implementing interview skills training and management development programs.
• Implemented new management training program, which lead to13 internal promotions.
• Created additional sales demand through effective merchandise display techniques. Instructed management and sales team on visual marketing strategies and orchestrated floor sets.
Bachelor of Arts in Advertising and Marketing
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Technical expertise includes Salesforce, Act, Goldmine, and Microsoft Office Suite, Mac and Franklin-Covey time management systems.
Disney University's management training program graduate