West Valley City, UT
Sales/Management Professional with extensive experience in the health care and temporary employment industries. Documented abilities to lead people, build teams, manage accounts/products for sales and profit in existing as well as emerging markets. Experienced in working with large account clinics and managed healthcare. Extensive business contact bases within the local area. Sales experience includes:
• Sales/service team formation
• Development/implementation of competitive sales-service strategies
• Sales/business plan development
• Performance management methods
• Recruiting, interviewing, selection
• Contracted managed health care
• Large clinic contract sales
• New product introductions
• Identify/locate new office sales force downsizing/expansion
• Accomplished platform skills
Hemophilia Specialty Manager
2009 to 2011
Hemophilia Specialty Manager/Specialty Hemophilia Markets
2000 to 2009
Responsible for managing hemophilia specialty markets in an eight state area. Duties include professional management of hemophilia treatment center, physicians, nurse coordinators, pharmacy, and lab personnel. Helped develop hemophilia foundation summer camp and fund-raising programs. Homecare product in-service experience including customer service, nursing, and pharmacy. Established lab assay capability.
• Number one in product sales attainment (160%) and growth (38%), for a product already controlling 77% of the market. Achieved ranking as number one nationally.
• Developed chromogenic lab assay capability in five major reference labs covering an eight-state area-a record penetration in a geographically and technically diverse area creating national laboratory support for the nation.
• Multiple Presidential Awards in 2003, 2005, 2007 highest achievement of goal in Hemophilia
Area Business Manager, Hemophilia and Oncology markets
1997 to 2000
Responsible for managing special markets in hemophilia covering a six state area. Managed antineoplastic sales to oncology/hematology end-users in a three-state area.
• Increased market penetration during introduction of a unique hemophilia factor nine product. Achieved ranking of third nationally, by focusing exclusively on PUP's (previously untreated patients)
• Developed hemophilia community "Snow Day" program for adult people with bleeding disorders. By developing this major adult networking tool we have demonstrated a company partnering mentality that has developed a long term working relationship with difficult to reach treater.
Biological Senior Account specialist, Special Markets
1996 to 1997
Managed special markets in hemophilia, cardiac bypass graft surgery, coagulation, and chemotherapy products within a three-state area.
• Developed largest District cardiac bypass graft account by establishing a working company study group relationship. Increased sales 125%.
• Increased hemophilia product sales in territory by 130% by strengthening product perception as best product in cost categories.
• Established antithrombin sales to exceed company projections in a market replete with product allocation and manufacturing availability problems by differentiating our product specifications from those of our competitors with similar price points.
Area Market Manager
1996 to 1996
Responsible for converting franchise operation to a major corporate network marketing opportunity. Provided leadership to open first local on-site account and establish a third corporate branch location.
• Achieved major market penetration and increased billable hours 100% by opening a major 200-person account.
• Established ADIA name recognition as major player in Salt Lake market by increasing service quality standards in former franchise offices and opening a third Utah branch.
Middle Market Manager
1994 to 1996
Ground level development of a new Middle Market office for Norrell Services, Inc. Provided developmental opportunities and guidance to a new sales/service staff, including on-site personnel, which lead to first year branch profitability.
• Awarded "Achievement Club" status as first year branch. Greatest market percent penetration within the middle market. At year end, reached 190% of annual goal by focusing on national contract accounts
• Achieved first year branch profitability by maximizing pricing models via individual goals through focus given to high margin positions.
• Increased National Account penetration from 400 hours weekly to 2500 hours weekly by working with each account, individually, and focusing on high volume accounts.
• Managed branch financials to meet stringent first year budget projections by establishing monthly audits.
• Established a successful and highly-effective Sales/Service account team by creating a family/team approach to increase corporate customer service.
District Sales Manager, Oncology
1990 to 1994
Responsible for over 10 million of sales in a 15-state area. Provided leadership for a staff of 11 professional sales representatives.
• Won district /region "Sales Master" Award first full year as Manager, for ranking #1 in attainment of sales objectives.
• Provided aggressive leadership to reverse declining sales of key chemotherapy drug. Four years post-patent, district market share in clinical market was 90% plus, and growing in a fiercely competitive generic market.
• Maintained District first place ranking for 32 of 36 months.
• Increased sales of key, anti-leukemic agent by 30% versus previous year, through targeting specific institutions and hematologists with individual business plans.
• Developed two district representatives to function as regional trainers. Only district in company to have advanced two people in this position.
• Hired and trained three key representatives during first nine months as manager. All three achieved basic training honors. All three became regional trainers.
1986 to 1994
Salt Lake City
Sales Representative, Oncology
1986 to 1990
Responsible for sales of antineoplastic drugs in three state areas. Duties included promotion and sales of product line to Oncologists, Urologists, Surgeons, Oncology R.N.s, and Pharmacists. Extensive, broad based coverage in hospitals, hospice and managed health care arena.
• Established sales of generic product line. Increased sales to 165% of budget. Won major recognition as District Sales Leader.
• District winner/territory "Sales Master" Award first full year as representative for ranking #1 in attainment of sales objectives.
• First representative in company/area to effectively network in and consistently sell Adria line at St. Lukes/MSTI and billings clinic. Held market against non-bid award during serious generic competition.
• Appointed to Regional Trainer in 1989. Wrote presentation on Breast Cancer therapy that was adopted by the regional office and circulated throughout the company.
• Received "Best Sales Presentation" award in Basic Training Class.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
1977 to 1986
Sold cardiac, pulmonary, neurological, and antidepressant pharmaceuticals to physicians, nurses, hospitals, and pharmacies in the Utah market.
• Earned highest market penetration in the district and won the Award of Excellence during new product introduction.
B.A. in Advertising