Seeking a full time position
Highlight of Qualifications:
• Strong communication skills in both English and Spanish, oral and written
• In depth knowledge and experience with various Galveston county organizations
• Successful in working with diverse populations
• Excellent computer Skills-Microsoft Word, Power Point, Access, Spreadsheet, etc.
August 2008 to February 2011
• Ensure the successful production of polyethylene plastics by making sure chemicals are mixed properly, equipment is running correctly, and that the production of polyethylene stays up and running.
• Perform trouble shooting on a daily basis along with maintenance duties
• Load chemicals into various containers using appropriate machinery for applicable container
• Formerly, and for most of my time at DOW I worked in Research and Development with innovating new types of foam products in a laboratory
Elementary Spanish Teacher
August 2007 to August 2008
• Instructed students in grades Prekindergarten through Second grade in the subject of Spanish.
• Worked with five separate grade teams in creating different curriculum and schedules
• Maintain weekly contact with each student's parent(s)/guardian.
• Coordinate with administration in the progress and goals of each grade level.
Community Education Specialist
October 2006 to August 2007
• As the Community Education Specialist I gave, in English and Spanish, presentations, workshops, and trainings on domestic violence and sexual assault throughout Galveston County to students, parents, instructors, senior citizens, business professionals, the general public, and to clubs/ organizations
• Provided support services for our clients of diverse populations
• Responsible for maintaining and inputting data in the Integrated Tracking System (ITS) program for the appropriate grants
• Assisted with grant writing and maintained program data
• Involved in and created community educational outreach programs and community fairs
• Recruited, trained, and supervised volunteers
• Presentations, Trainings and Groups done for: Yeager Youth Center, Pathway's to Recovery, ADA Women's Recovery, Seaborne Corps., Galveston Bar Association, La Marque High school, Galveston College, Up Ward Bound at Galveston College, College of the Mainland, College of the Mainland Police Academy, Integrity Life Church, Galveston Islamic Center, R.J. Wollam Elementary, Westlawn Elementary, Texas A&M at Galveston, Crenshaw Elementary, Head Start Program in La Marque, Santa Fe Police Department, Texas City Police Department, Worksource in Texas City, CPS Women's Mandated Group, Spanish Women's Non-Resident Group, UTMB, & Scott Elementary.
2003 to 2004
Assistant After School Program Coordinator
2000 to 2003
• Tutored students along with maintaining a safe environment for both them and the employees
• Supervised two to four employees daily
• Created schedules for the employees and program
• Performed Human Resource Tasks
Awards and Associations: • Texas Teacher's Certification Program
• National Dean's Honors List, 2000-2004
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Associate of Arts