Olympia Fields, IL
Seeking a challenging and rewarding career, which will allow me to utilize my work experience, expand my knowledge and opportunity for personal and professional growth.
April 2009 to Present
• Create labels and send mail out.
• Receive inbound emails from Proponents who are wishing to make changes to the nextissue of code changes.
• Download emails to be reviewed by staff.
• Create Excel spreadsheets to keep track of Proponents and their code changes, this is needed for auditing purposes and to verify that the Proponent has signed a copyright release (data entry).
• Answer incoming calls regarding the code change cycle.
• Take orders from members and nonmembers who are requesting past code change cycles as well as the current cycle in progress.
• Fix formatting issues that other staff have with their Word/Excel documents.
Call Center Representative - Home Office
May 2011 to November 2011
• Contacted potential students who would request information online about continuing education. Asking thorough questions to see what field of study and degree they are interested in. Researched the schools that would fit their needs and submitted their information to the schools.
Special Projects Coordinator
February 2004 to October 2008
• Workers Compensation/Self Pay Reimbursement Specialist: Contacted insurance companies and patients regarding status on unpaid balances/claims. Answered calls that came through the call center. Resolved any issues that are keeping claims from being paid. Input charges, payments, and insurance information.
• Lead Reimbursement Specialist: Running and working different A/R reports for each financial class. Assisted in and conducted staff meetings to discuss and resolve any issues that we are finding. Order any supplies that the collection staff needs. Assisted in the hiring/termination of employees. Training of new employees on the NextGen system. Working with the IT Dept to obtain passwords and system entry information for new employees. Auditing staff members on a monthly basis to insure quality assurance. Report directly to Director of Reimbursement to resolve any existing problems or concerns. Set up passwords and ID's via the internet to access claim status.
• Special Projects Coordinator: Reviewed A/R reports for credits that were remaining on accounts. Verified if refund should be issued and preceded to refund insurance/patient. Assisted other departments in posting payments and entering charges as needed. Continued to answer incoming calls through the call center.
Front Desk Associate
June 2001 to February 2004
• Scheduled appointments, filed charts, and collected co-payments.
• Checked patients in/out of office.
• Contacted insurance companies to find out status of claims, and verify eligibility.
• Input patient demographics.
March 1999 to May 2000
• Contacted customers to renew subscriptions to different magazines.
• Entered and transferred all sales from the previous daily activities into the main database.
March 1996 to March 1999
• Lead in Ladies Dept: Managed the ladies dept by displaying new merchandise. Kept dept clean and organized. Overseen between 3-5 staff members and set up their work schedule. Assisted customers in finding what they needed.
• Markdown Assoc: Went through out the store scanning all merchandise to see if price was reduced. If price was marked down, placed new price tag on merchandise.
• Assisted other dept when needed. Worked at the service desk and jewelry dept. Cashiered when needed.