SENIOR MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCE DIVISION
March 2006 to Present
Provide Senior Level Human Resource leadership for a provider of logistics and transportation services, supporting six companies, three joint ventures and 1600 full time and temporary associates in the United States and Canada. International Headquarters located in Japan.
Lead corporate Human Resource Division and strategic direction with full responsibility for bottom-line including long range planning, new start-up operations, project management, associate relations, labor relations, including union avoidance. Oversee staff operations, business planning and budget development of HR programs. Plan, direct and manage all human resources initiatives; recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, employee relations, leave management, health, safety, environmental, wellness, corporate communications, government relations, and corporate giving. Ensure policies, procedures and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals and are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws. Currently held corporate designations; Ethics and Compliance Officer; Plan administrator, Medical, Pension and 401(k) plans.
✓ Developed companies first corporate Learning and Development Center and created CORE®: DOL recognized and accredited internal college curriculum. Increased participation in development experiences by 306% in second year.
✓ Secured $412,000 in developmental funds through Targeted Industry Training Grants, Workforce Investment and Department of Labor Job Expansion and Creation Funds between 2006 and 2010.
✓ Developed and completed project to install updated corporate HRIS system (ADP Enterprise V5; ADP Enterprise Etime; Self Service; Time and Labor tracking; GL accounting) under budget and within project schedule
✓ Completed corporate wide program to update job descriptions, compensation structures, total reward programs and put into place a standard corporate performance management/development and succession planning system
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES
January 1998 to March 2006
Directed human resource functions for company's most technological advanced and highest volume field centers. Held increasing responsible positions at four locations; Florence, Kentucky (01/1998 - 12/2000); Hebron, Kentucky (01/2000 - 07/2002); Little Rock, Arkansas (07/2002 - 12/2003); Henderson, Nevada; (12/2003 - 03/2006). Corporate headquarters located in San Francisco, California.
Responsible for human resource functions within both highly technical/automated locations and traditional settings including associate relations and Safety. Corporate project initiatives included; national collective bargaining negotiations; alignment of field policies and procedures; reduction of 7,000 positions in US. Core human resource responsibilities included: expert in federal and multi-state laws for FMLA, DOL and FLSA; managed facility Occupational Health Nurse; benefits administration.
✓ Successfully led four field locations through extensive outsourcing of HR services
✓ Selected to serve on corporate Governance team to oversee outsourcing activities
✓ Promoted and transferred from mid-volume location to high volume location in 17 months
✓ Zero arbitration under my leadership.
January 1998 to October 2002
Facilitated student learning and created curriculum for junior and senior level students in Human Resources, Labor Relations and Organizational Behavior, at a four year accredited university.
✓ Recognized by students for providing exceptional instruction
✓ Faculty Service Award recipient for contributions made during previous five years of faculty service (2002)
✓ Successfully taught courses 100 through 500 levels
DISTRIBUTION FORECASTING ANALYST
September 1994 to January 1998
Supported international logistics and manufacturing operations through state of the art workload management system. Conducted transportation carrier (OTR, LTL, intermodal, brokerage, package and sea) contract negotiations to improve service and maintain US supply chain competiveness. Led implementation team to merge Fisher Price Toys and Mattel, Inc., freight management systems onto single platform.
February 1994 to September 1994
A privately held logistics management company
Attractions Host - Theme park
June 1993 to July 1994
Theme park with rigorous hiring practices to insure highest quality guest experience
RESIDENT DIRECTOR - A "floating University"
September 1992 to December 1992
A “floating University” with a focus on international curriculum and in-country field work – circumvented the globe in 100 days.
RESIDENT DIRECTOR - A comprehensive university dedicated
June 1989 to September 1992
A comprehensive university dedicated to meeting the intellectual and professional needs of students.
M.S. in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
B.A. in ECONOMICS
PROFESSIONAL, COMMUNITY AND ORGANIZATIONAL VISIBILITY
• Featured Member of the Business Economics Advisory Board, Franklin University - 2008 to present
• Member of the Columbus Chamber of Commerce and Columbus Region Logistics Council – 2009 to present
• Healthy Ohio‐Healthy Worksite awards (Ohio Department of Health) Bronze award winner 2010 and 2011
• Significant program contribution to the Central Ohio Logistics Industry “Attracting and Retaining Talent” (ART) program. March 2010 (three-year project goal to develop the entry to mid-level logistics workforce for businesses residing in Central Ohio)
• Featured in Columbus State Community College Promotional video/interview http://www.cscc.edu/workforce/LogisticsART.shtml
• Presenter: Ohio Board of Regents Trustee Conference - Driving Economic Advancement: A Framework for Success August 2010
• Presenter: Testimony to Congresswoman Mary Jo Kilroy for her Congressional Task Force on Competitiveness committee during a Transportation & Infrastructure session March 1, 2010
• Presenter: Supplier Support, Birmingham, AL: “EFCA Communication Strategy - A Case Study”, November 2009
• Presenter: Supplier Support, Columbus, OH: “EFCA Communication Strategy - A Case Study”, September 2009
• Featured: NBC-Channel 4, Columbus, Ohio: “Local Company Continues Employee Development,” May, 2009.
• Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Showcase, Columbus, OH, “Educating Manufacturer’s in the Automotive Supply Chain”, May, 2009
• Special Olympics, Southern California – Venue director State Games (06/93-06/01)
• Mattel Volunteer of the Year Award 1997