• Accomplished community relations, outreach, advocacy plus development professional with experience in organizational management, administration, customer service and public relations. 15 years' experience as managing partner for Hartford based restaurant specializing in Caribbean cuisine. Superior relationship management skills coupled with grass roots organizational and educational out reach with clear communication within community programs. IT skills and extensive knowledge of all Microsoft programs, Spanish/English language and writing capabilities.
Employment- Specialist/ Case Manager/public Relations /for the Hartford Jobs Funnel
2005 to 2009
• Performed initial interview and orientation of projects, developed personal employability plan, provided referral services, including training education program.
• Provided counseling mediation as necessary to solve minor problems. Provided proactive case management support for all participants.
• Assisted in the re-creation of participants' resumes and cover letters.
• Conducted outreach activities with target area employers and unions. Developed referrals and recruitment relationships with human services resource staff within the public and private sectors to identify employment needs. Maintained and collected deadline sensitive data.
• Reviewed and analyzed participants' information gathered during the intake/certificate and assessment screening process for the collaborative development of a comprehensive, accurate and appropriate employability.
1992 to 2005
• Hired, trained, scheduled, and oversaw daily sales. Performed bookkeeping and payroll.
• Achieved profitable revenue growth. Created marketing strategies.
Office Technology Coordinator
1998 to 2002
• Managed daily work activities in the IT Department of the firm, a fast paced environment.
• Managed inventory control, processed bills, administered database security for various firm databases, organized staff meetings, provided back-up assistance to computer technicians when necessary.
Currently Attending in Criminal Justice
January 2010 to January 2012
Certificate in Office Technology
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher and Outlook, Desktop Support Technician, Office Manager/Accounts Receivable for ninety branches, Business Composition, Office Procedures, Professional Development, Information Management, Keyboarding (45 wpm), and Basic Accounting.