Twenty five years of progressively responsible sales, management, finance experience which includes the following:
• Commercial/Consumer/Construction & Residential Lending
• Cash Management Products
• Small Business Administration Loans
• Government Securities/Mutual Funds
• Marketing Specialist
Major strengths are in providing quality customer service to encourage customer retention and P&L growth combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to quickly establish a strong sense of trust, competence and professionalism with customers, colleagues and senior management.
Additional qualities: Highly motivated; thrive in challenging situations, project a professional image in accordance with organizational objectives, committed to producing results above and beyond what is expected, superior in business development; bringing new relationships into the bank.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Vice President/Business Relationship Manager
July 2012 to November 2015
Manage a portfolio of business clients with business lending, deposit management, Treasury Services. Business Development activities in the community to bring new business relationships. Coach and mentor the branches and partners in business banking to reach Business Banking goals.
Within the first year I have exceeded the business lending goals and deposit goals that were set for the quarterly goals. Received quarterly awards for exceeding these goals. Increased business in the territory that I cover and coached branch personnel to look for opportunities to help our clients and at the same time make their goals. Successfully managed a portfolio of select business clients.
My past business lending and deposit acquisition expertise has helped me to excel in this position. Team partnerships and coaching and past management background has assisted me to motivate the branches that I work with to exceed in their goals.
Senior Business Banking Officer/ VP/Senior Business Development Officer/VP
July 2003 to April 2012
• Business Development and liason for corporate/branches
• Primarily responsible for coaching Branch Managers in Business Banking
• Community business development-SBA, Treasury Management, Investments
Managed small portfolio of top Commercial Clients
• Individual goals and District goals-exceeded goals in all areas
• Annual Gold Club-top ten percent of entire bank, consistently recognized
• Responsible for goals in New Mexico-ABQ, Las Cruces, El Paso region with team building, marketing, coaching, mentoring
Business Banking Officer/Vice President/Sales Manager
January 2001 to May 2003
• Business development of loans and products for a specific territory, commercial credit experience, treasury management, cash management. Recognized for top sales.
Financial Services Manager /Assistant V.P
February 1999 to December 2000
• Manage sales and operations of branch and four account executives
• Responsible for Cohen Brown classes for staff, business development and community activities
• Consistently recognized for exceeding all sales goals in region.
Financial Services Officer
March 1998 to January 1999
• Promotion of new branch office. Responsible for business development, commercial loans, small business administration loans, letters of credit, consumer loans, credit compliance of banking regulations, cash management products, treasury management sales and international sales.
Senior Account Executive
April 1996 to February 1998
•Sales Branch Manager, responsible for the sale of all bank products.
• Exceeded goals in all areas.
• Business and Consumer
• Consistently recognized for helping district to achieve sales goals
Business Development Manager
June 1988 to November 1993
• Successfully created a "money desk" department for the bank. These funds were used to fund various real estate construction/commercial loans
• Managed investment portfolio, responsible for finding the most competitive rates and investments.
• Handled "jumbo retail customers".
• Involved with various charitable organizations and acted as community liaison.
• Attended weekly business/social meetings representing the bank.
• Key individual in telemarketing and sales. Coaching staff in sales.
• CRA Officer, responsible for compliance.
Municipal Bond Specialist / GNMA Trader
March 1984 to September 1986
• Responsibilities included: maintaining a client book and also for trading government securities and mutual funds.
• Trading desk- treasuries, municipal bonds, mutual funds
• Conducted sales seminars for potential clients.
February 1983 to December 1984
• Responsible for maintaining client base trading equities, bonds, and mutual funds.
• Officer trader manager connection to main office in Denver.
• Responsible for hiring new account executives and balancing of branch daily.
January 1981 to January 1983
Raised equity for new companies going public.
Maintained client book
Source of contact for Las Vegas office to New York office
Opened new branch in Las Vegas Nevada
Successful in providing new funding for over 200 new IPO's
Coordination of offices. Manage set up, recruit new sales officers, due diligence meetings.
Series 7, Series 63
May 1977 to March 1981
• Promoted from part time teller, vault teller, senior teller.
• Responsible for compliance in the branch, supervision, balancing of nine tellers and evaluations and reaching branch goals for retention of liquid deposits.
Certificates in Banking, Lending, Cash Flow, Underwriting, Customer Relations, Business Development, Deposit Retention, Human Resources, Attracting Right Candidates, Management, Counseling Employees, Business Strategies, How to successfully manage your Company, The Entrepenure
January 1990 to January 2000
BA in Behavioral Science Degree
January 1996 to January 1998
1982 to 1983
1977 to 1980