Del Mar, CA
Twenty five years of progressively responsible sales, management, finance experience which includes the following:
• Commercial/Consumer & Residential Loans
• Deposit Marketing
• Cash Management Products
• Small Business Administration Loans
• Government Securities/Mutual Funds
• Marketing Specialist
Major strengths are in providing quality customer service to encourage customer retention and P&L growth combines with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to quickly establish a strong sense of trust, competence and professionalism with customers, co workers, and senior management.
Additional qualities: Highly motivated; thrive in challenging situations, project a professional image in accordance with organizational objectives, committed to producing results above and beyond what is expected, superior in business development; bringing new relationships into the bank. Conversational in Spanish, with ongoing studies.
Vice President/Business Relationship Manager
July 2012 to Present
Manage a portfolio of business clients with business lending, deposit management, Treasury Services. Business Development activities in the community to bring new business relationships. Coach and mentor the branches in business banking to reach branch goals. Protect the firm by making sure that our branches comply with banking procedures in Business Banking.
Within the first year I have exceeded the business lending goals and deposit goals that were set for the quarterly goals. Received quarterly awards for exceeding these goals. Increased business in the territory that I cover and coached branch personnel to look for opportunities to help our clients and at the same time make their goals. Successfully managed a portfolio of select business clients.
My past business lending and deposit acquisition expertise has helped me to excel in this position. Team partnerships and coaching and past management background has assisted me to motivate the branches that I work with to exceed in their goals.
Senior Business Banking Officer/ VP-Business Banking Specialist/Business Development Officer
July 2003 to April 2012
• Business Development and liason for corporate/branches
• Primarily responsible for coaching Branch Managers in Business Banking
• Community business development-SBA, Treasury Management, Investments
• Individual goals and District goals-exceeded goals in all areas
• Annual Gold Club-top ten percent of entire bank, consistently recognized
• Assist in New Mexico-ABQ, Las Cruces, El Paso region with team building, marketing, coaching, mentoring
Business Banking Officer/Vice President
January 2001 to May 2003
• Business development of loans and products for a specific territory, commercial credit experience, treasury management, cash management. Recognized for top sales.
Financial Services Manager /Assistant V.P
February 1999 to December 2000
• Manage sales and operations of branch and four account executives
• Responsible for Cohen Brown classes for staff, business development and community activities
• Consistently recognized for exceeding all sales goals in region.
Financial Services Specialist
March 1998 to January 1999
• Promotion of new branch office. 50 percent out of office, business development, commercial loans, small business administration loans, letters of credit, consumer loans, credit compliance of banking regulations, cash management products, treasury management sales and international sales.
April 1996 to February 1998
• Under the Sales Branch Manager, responsible for the sale of all bank products.
• Exceeded goals in all areas.
• Primary sales person for consumer loans.
• Consistently recognized for helping branch to achieve sales goals through sales promotions.
Business Development Officer / Supervisor
June 1988 to November 1993
• Successfully created a "money desk" department for the bank. These funds were used to fund various real estate loans.
• Managed investment portfolio, responsible for finding the most competitive rates and investments.
• Handled "jumbo retail customers".
• Involved with various charitable organizations and acted as community liaison.
• Attended weekly business/social meetings representing the bank.
• Key individual in telemarketing and sales. Coaching staff in sales.
• CRA Officer, responsible for compliance.
Municipal Bond Specialist / GNMA Trader
March 1984 to September 1986
• Responsibilities included: maintaining a client book and also for trading government securities and mutual funds.
• Assisted in managing "back office transactions".
• Conducted sales seminars for potential clients.
February 1983 to December 1984
• Responsible for maintaining client base trading equities, bonds, and mutual funds.
• Officer trader manager connection to main office in Denver.
• Responsible for hiring new account executives and balancing of branch daily.
New Accounts Supervisor
April 1981 to January 1983
• Responsible for the new accounts/marketing of branch products, supervision of bank personnel, scheduling, evaluations of sales goals/contests and employee evaluations. Auditing, problem solving, customer retention.
May 1977 to March 1981
• Promoted from part time teller, vault teller, senior teller.
• Responsible for compliance in the branch, supervision, balancing of nine tellers and evaluations and reaching branch goals for retention of liquid deposits.
Certificates in Banking, Lending, Cash Flow, Underwriting, Customer Relations, Business Development, Deposit Retention, Human Resources, Attracting Right Candidates, Management, Counseling Employees, Business Strategies, How to successfully manage your Company, The Entrepenure
January 1990 to January 2000
BA in Behavioral Science Degree
January 1996 to January 1998
1982 to 1983
1977 to 1980