Library Assistant-Activity Planner
2011 to Present
Managed and maintained school library. Developed and created materials for planned lessons in art and music to enhance book presentations. Collaborated with instructors on lesson focus and implementation.
2009 to Present
Member of the Patient Access Division, responsible for direct patient contact to determine health insurance eligibility and refer uninsured to social services members. Working collaboratively with team members in assessing best practice patient solutions.
1991 to Present
Founded the marketing and design group called Creative Department. This organization included a dozen professionals: designers, writers, photographers, strategists and fulfillment experts.
Developed long-lasting client relationships. Mentored members of the group, with 100% retention for over 15 years. Devised estimating procedures, created and promoted innovative marketing presentations and managed overall business.
* Guided Harland banking systems client to rightful industry share - by planning and implementing strategic campaigns that were brand-focused. Grew targeted credit union membership by 35% in first year.
* Developed successful campaign for Midwest seed company that set its product apart from the competition. Listened successfully to the client's competitive edge, analyzed current market and implemented comprehensive plan that included print ads, public events and Web site. Campaign was repeated for a second year.
* Awarded Honorable Mention for Dealer promotion, John Deere Credit, from juried competition in regional Ad Federation. Involved dealers submitted superior comments.
2007 to 2010
Appointed by mayor, seated for three years. Working with a team of professionals dedicated to selection of public art for the city.
2004 to 2009
Responsible for developing and leading traditional and Internet-based marketing efforts focused on customer acquisition and retention. With the ability to analyze existing marketing efforts, making smart recommendations for future growth.
* Developing a comprehensive strategy for acquiring new and retaining existing customers.
* Directing content and design of bi-monthly e-pages to promote products - by maximizing use of electronic advertising.
* Developing overall strategies for advertising group conferences, as well as design and content of specific collateral to be distributed.
* Initiating blog-based branding efforts as an additional - and market-savvy viral efforts
* Responsible for double-digit sales growth in both 2005 and 2006 - via initiating a strategic marketing plan with a stronger focus on customer-centric efforts.
Assistant Vice President, Marketing/Merchant Services
2000 to 2004
Responsible for divisional strategic planning, direct marketing efforts, acquisition and retention programs and value-added propositions. Determined $1 million dollar annual marketing budget.
* Directed marketing that resulted in focused web site efforts of almost $2M.
* Managed product portion of retention/cross-sell efforts and training of agents.
* Organized banker training effort to increase awareness and product education.
* Designed cross-divisional annual strategic marketing plans.
* Directed special-pricing promotion to target membership, resulting in sales of over $8M.
* Created thematic sales blitz campaign with fall football kick-off packets intended to bump-up sales channel in targeted, 30-day period, resulting in over $9M.
* Designed, published and distributed the WFMS Sales Alliance Tool Kit and presentation
book to support sales channels in all markets.
* Researched and presented Hispanic Business Case to upper management for ethnic
* Directed design and completion of national trade show display and image piece collateral
promoting National Sales Channel targets of high-end targeted businesses.
1994 to 1996
Presided for two terms, directed educational and fund-raising efforts. Merged two volunteer groups with consensus-building techniques. Developed volunteer mission concept and presented to board with unanimous support
1989 to 1991
Created and implemented all internal and external communications by directing photography, concepts and design. Coordinated and managed all outside vendors.
B.A. in Fine Arts