Highly experienced performer with comprehensive research and leadership skills; proven track record in event planning, photography, design, and communication. Key qualifications include:
• Communication Skills • Photography Skills
• Event Planning and Preparation Skills • Journalistic Writing Skills
March 2007 to Present
Key Holder 2012 - Present
Supervised employees as manager on duty and ran the store while still cover the sales associate position.
• Conducted store opening and closing procedures as stated by corporate offices.
• Instructed employees on the monthly sales plan and how to set merchandise throughout the store.
• Trusted in pulling money from registers and taking deposits to the bank.
• Maintained customer holds and special orders as well as running reports.
• Trained in receiving merchandise from vendors and allocating it into the store inventory.
Sales Associate 2007-2011
Maintained top-grade customer support and kept a high plus-sale percentage.
• Dedicated to meet customers’ needs for store products and spiritual support by immersing in product knowledge in all areas of the store.
• Retained consistent high percentage rating for product sales as well as plus-selling additional products by having an enthusiastic outlook on the ministry being supported.
Public Relations Intern
2009 to 2011
Immersed into the culture of Public Relations while working in a professional environment.
• Constructed effective and precise press releases for the Rome News Tribune, which conveyed the importance of events and news relevant to Shorter University.
• Launched a campaign for the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) to inform students of their voice in the University's future.
• Captured and logged each newspaper article about Shorter University and kept a compiled running chart of each area of news.
Membership Director, Ritual Chair, Secretary
2007 to 2011
Planned over 20 events and workshops for the Nu Chapter to prepare for recruitment and to inform current members how to successfully recruit and present themselves, conducted recruitment for two years successfully gaining over 70 women, and improved chapter communication.
• Responsible for planning each workshop to teach current members how to recruit and how to display their love for the organization.
• Executed a fully planned a week long recruiting event for two years as well as picking themes, decorations, food, and clothing for each event.
• Entrusted with the planning of rituals time, location, items needed and the secrecy of Phi Mu Fraternity.
Student Life, Editor
2009 to 2010
Developed 50% of the Argo, an award-winning student published yearbook at Shorter University.
• Captured unique and engaging photographs of campus involvement and campus events to be used in spreads throughout the yearbook.
• Designed page layouts that captured the attention of viewers with photos from many different angles and also composed enticing captions for photos.
• Managed three students for each deadline and encouraged them to search for more information on each spread.
Opinions and Editorials, Editor
2008 to 2009
Pioneered The Periscope, an award-winning newspaper at Shorter University after a year of only web content.
• Improved the significance of campus news by keeping updated opinion articles and having guest writers each week.
• Focused on design and layout aspects of newspaper and kept the design eye-catching for busy college students.
• Uniquely photographed campus events to be used throughout the newspaper as well as the online edition.
• Created and edited text for layout as well as design and proof the layouts.
Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies
Graphic Design, Photography, Microsoft Office 2010; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite 3; PhotoShop, DreamWeaver, and InDesign, iMovie