Clerk III Analyst
April 2001 to December 2011
Health Information Technology professional with experience in managing and analyzing Inpatient and Outpatient Records. Detailed in gathering and defining functional data; leading to data-analysis and process-improvements initiatives. Proven ability to lead, improve, and deliver solutions to improving processes and workplace productivity.
October 1999 to March 2001
Advanced to Lead Analyst of chart completion and provided leadership for the hospital's Records Completion area. Managed and implemented processes to meet Joint Commission standards of chart completion within 30 days.
Key Results: * Supervised staff, associate performance reviews and developed team assessment goals.
* Improved and implemented guidelines in the release of protected health information, by maintaining request turn-around times, for timely release of information for our patients.
* Documented workflows and executed comprehensive training plan to associates.
* Managed the flow of incomplete charts and partnered with other areas to improve clinical documentation initiatives for hospital focused programs.
* Assisted and partnered with the business department and admitting areas to improve scripts and insurance verification to improve the A/R holds.
* Supervised physician completion of incomplete records through timely dictations and signing of patient records. Chart completion maintained through establishing physician accountability standards for records completion.
* Orientated physicians to department practice, function, and resources, and established cooperative and collaborative relation with residents and medical staff.
* Developed collaborative relationships with; Performance Improvement, Risk Management, Emergency Services, and all Clinical areas for the completion of patient information.
August 1995 to October 1999
Conducted chart audits of the offsite and in-house file system. Requested and packaged records for off-site storage. Maintained data sheets and entered information into the computer. Assisted with after-hours request for release of information; copied and scanned records for transfers, medical examiners cases, and expirations. Provided office support and coverage as needed.
Health Records Associate (Temporary Staff)
1994 to 1995
Medical records clerk for a multi-practice clinic. I reviewed patient information for accuracy, prepared records for release of information, maintained records for patient appointments and procedures. Organized and maintained the chartroom and assisted in staffing coverage for multiple areas of the clinic.
* Updated and reduced six months of unbilled accounts through daily data entry of patient encounters. Reduced backlog request for release of information and decreased complaints by providing timely request and follow-up procedures. Eliminated backlogs of patient records to storage facility.
* Reception desk support, providing coverage for vacations, breaks, and lunches. Assisted patients with intake registration, collection of copayments, scheduled appointments, and orientated clinic practices and services.
Associate in Applied Science in Office Information Technology
Typing 45 wpm and Medical Terminology
Applications: Microsoft Office, Cerner Applications