► Results Focused Leader: Manager and champion of change – organizational, strategic and operational. A marketer who can straddle strategy and creative development with hands-on tactical execution. Business-to-business and consumer experience in entrepreneurial, corporate, and agency environments.
► Innovative Manager: Repeated success in increasing revenue while decreasing expenses. Consistently present new marketing strategies and project ideas to executives to secure commitments and support. Displays a blend of intuitive, creative and data-driven management skills. Internal and external relationship builder.
► Industry Experience: Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, Healthcare Services, Healthcare Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare Consulting, Employer Group Insurance, Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage, and Workers’ Compensation.
► Skills and Expertise: Strategic Communications, Strategic Marketing Planning, Public Relations, Brand Building, SAP, ERP, CRM, Consumer Research, E-Commerce, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Direct Marketing, and Advertising.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Marketing Communications Manager
October 2012 to Present
Marketing Communications Manager, Anthem, Inc., Cleveland, OH (10.2012 to Present)
Develop and direct marketing plans using best practices in content strategy, content amplification, and marketing analytics to lift customer engagement. Direct a team of digital designers, developers, branding specialists, content creators and marketing technologists to create consumer branding and sales initiatives. Directly manage an 8 million dollar budget while managing a roadmap within a larger budget scheme.
• Marketing automation content director. Responsible for driving communications effectiveness by targeting and personalizing communications using Oracle, Adobe and Salesforce automation platforms. Develop personas, drip campaigns, monthly account summaries and triggered content.
• Marketing manager for LiveHealth Online, Anthem’s telemedicine product. Create the annual national marketing plan and lead all digital marketing campaigns. Enrollments increased 21% after my first year leading the marketing effort.
• Editor of a monthly e-newsletter sent to 9.2 million insurance members. CTOR rates rose 10 percent over the last two years.
• Use reporting and analytics to fine-tune messaging for email and social media communications. Employ best practices in content testing for digital marketing effectiveness.
• Lead a cross-functional team to deliver vendor-based database software improvements to support the content and segmentation strategy for digital communications.
• Spearheaded the creation of a Medicare email preference center and email newsletter.
• Headed a team to create Anthem’s first broker-employer blog.
Marketing Project Manager
January 2011 to August 2012
Marketing Project Manager, CVS Caremark (Insurance Division),
Spearheaded 3 enterprise-wide marketing initiatives to successful completion in 9 months. Projects included:
• Directing a new website project, using 3 vendors and coordinating work across 4 departments. Determined the website structure, creative and content requirements and vendor selection.
• Creating marketing automation campaigns. This involved developing customer profiles, segments, automation triggers, content creation and content hierarchies.
• Integrating email campaign and direct mail prospect fulfillment into large-scale call center operations.
Director, Marketing Strategy & Operations
September 2003 to August 2011
During my tenure at Federal Equipment, I was part of the Marketing Core Team that helped propel the company to double its annual revenue during my first year, after 5 years of flat sales. Positioned the company so it was in demand from companies such as Pfizer, Abbott Labs, Eli Lily and other Fortune companies, for partnerships that expanded market reach and profitability. My accomplishments at Federal Equipment also included:
• Building our award-winning Content Marketing Team from scratch into the primary source of marketing-generated and influenced leads.
• Spearheading our thought-leadership, speaking, and research efforts across the globe.
• Helped brand the company's "FastTrack Culture," an initiative that drove retention and loyalty amongst both employees and customers.
• Co-created and led the company's BUYERS RULE! Initiative, which helped cement the customer-centric focus of our products and services.
• Implemented the company's first social media, test & target, and dynamic website efforts.
• Directed all advertising and direct marketing campaigns.
General Manager/Director of Account Services
September 1999 to September 2003
Managed day-to-day operations of full-service, interactive agency providing permission-based email marketing, search engine marketing, website design & development, and online media planning services. Personally developed strategies and programs for clients including GE Healthcare Life Sciences, Bayer, Medtronic, Invacare, Federal Express, J.M. Smuckers, Arhaus and Sherwin-Williams.
• Key member of the Cross Media integration team for client accounts. Led marketing strategy and thought leadership for established accounts, as well as for new business.
• Mined key clients -- GE Healthcare Life Sciences, Bayer, Medtronic, Invacare, Federal Express, J.M. Smuckers and Arhaus -- to win additional assignments. Invacare revenue doubled in 1 year. GE Healthcare, Medtronic, and Arhaus shifted all interactive business from their existing agencies.
M.A., English Language and Literature
B.S., Language Arts, English