► Results Focused Leader: Manager and champion of change – organizational, strategic and operational. A marketer who can straddle strategy and creative development with hands-on tactical execution. Business-to-business and consumer experience in entrepreneurial, corporate, and agency environments.
► Innovative Manager: Repeated success in increasing revenue while decreasing expenses. Consistently present new marketing strategies and project ideas to executives to secure commitments and support. Displays a blend of intuitive, creative and data-driven management skills. Internal and external relationship builder.
► Industry Experience: Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, Healthcare Services, Healthcare Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare Consulting, Employer Group Insurance, Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage, and Workers’ Compensation.
► Skills and Expertise: Strategic Communications, Strategic Marketing Planning, Public Relations, Brand Building, SAP, ERP, CRM, Consumer Research, E-Commerce, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Direct Marketing, and Advertising.
Marketing Project Manager
January 2011 to Present
Insurance division offering a consumer Medicare insurance product serving over 4.1 million Americans.
Impact: Spearheaded 3 enterprise-wide marketing initiatives to successful completion in 9 months. Projects included a new website, retooling marketing processes within a nationwide call center operation, and completing a major employee communications program.
• Managed the development of an enterprise-wide, web-based call center portal. Secured initial executive support for the project. Project goal was to improve customer service with a simplified workflow that incorporated customer data collection and improved backend reporting. Personally created the design and reporting requirements. Wrote CMS approved enrollment scripts and job aids. Collaborated with 6 departments to complete the project.
• Successfully managed a new CVS Caremark insurance website project, utilizing 3 vendors and coordinating work across 4 departments. Determined the website structure, creative and content requirements. Led the web consumer research project to determine brand and messaging insights, and translated results into digital strategies. Led the vendor selection process.
• Leading a marketing communications initiative entitled the Member Experience Project. Goal is to create greater employee engagement with customers through interactive experiences with the call center. Conceived and championed development of a web-based interactive call-shadowing program that garnered C-level support. Recently developed a content section on the company Intranet homepage centered on employee and customer “healthy outcomes” success stories.
• Contracting with Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) to improve the quality of health care services and reduce costs.
• Responsible for integrating digital and direct mail prospect fulfillment into large-scale call center operations. Involves managing an interdepartmental communications calendar, and implementing projects between marketing and the call center.
• Developed a partnership with AAA Auto Club to promote our products for increased membership and brand awareness.
• Managed the research partners for an enterprise listening effort focused on consumer facing process improvements such as one-call resolutions. Worked on provider relations initiatives designed to improve pharmacist-to-consumer interactions.
• Wrote call center agent scripts, website content, executive presentations, and employee and pharmacist communications.
September 2003 to August 2011
Asset management consulting firm and global supplier of pharmaceutical, laboratory and diagnostic equipment.
Impact: Delivered a turnaround marketing strategy. Doubled annual revenue in 2 years after 5 years of flat sales. Created an e-commerce and direct marketing plan that succeeded in landing the organization major account acquisitions. Rebranded the company and developed successful marketing strategies based on sound research and customer insights.
• Managed relationships with division leaders to develop custom fit marketing strategies. Created and maintained relationships with research partners and agencies for collaboration and budget control.
• Identified, established and maintained relationships with pharmaceutical industry associations, trade groups, and other important industry influencers to develop key markets and create top-of-mind brand awareness.
• Repositioned marketing from a regional approach to a global strategy targeted at end users. Spearheaded company-wide shift from product-based general advertising to targeted customer segmentation, enabling growth despite diminishing margins, shifting economic conditions, and competitive infringement.
• Developed two new profit centers; one, a division selling pharmaceutical packaging equipment, and a second that delivered asset-consulting services. Both divisions increased net profits of over 15% in the first year after their launch.
• Led the development of all digital marketing, including search engine optimization, pay-per-click marketing, website planning, email marketing, social media, online advertising and mobile marketing.
• Developed a new brand and messaging strategy supported at all customer communication touch-points. Included a new logo, graphic design creative and marketing communications. Brand advanced from “equipment wholesaler” to one of a consulting company offering high-level strategic services and equipment solutions.
• Responsible for media relations, advertising, direct mail, collateral, executive communications and trade show preparation.
General Manager & Account Director
September 1999 to September 2003
Marketing agency specializing in marketing and public relations in the digital space. Collaborated with the agency’s parent company DigitalDay on integrating website development projects with Cross Media’s strategic marketing, content, and branding expertise. Agency focus: Healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods.
Impact: Responsible for growth planning, marketing, operations and P & L for the agency. Assessed strategies and pursued calculated risks leading to rapid agency growth.
• Key member of the Cross Media/Digital Day integration team for client accounts including General Electric, J. M. Smuckers, and Arhaus Furniture, Medtronic and others. Led marketing strategic thinking and thought leadership for established accounts, as well as for new business. Developed solutions based on each client’s unique challenges.
• Worked with data consultants to determine client requirements for profiling, segmentation, modeling, and dashboarding.
• GE Healthcare Life Sciences: Led the team on a new marketing and public relations campaign that included a new website, online promotions, email advertising, print advertising, media and employee communications and direct mail. Assignment included complete competitive assessment, demographic segmentation and full brand review.
• Bayer: Led the team on strategy development for 5 new Bayer U.S. websites. Campaign included online promotions, email advertising, print advertising, media relations, employee communications and direct mail. Assignment involved a complete competitive assessment. Client websites: Pain Management, Heart Health, Orthopedic Care, and Bayer Pharmacist.
• Medtronic: Led the cardiac division website build and e-commerce advertising to support the website launch.
• Invacare: Led the respiratory line brand campaign. Assignment included a Medicare marketing component and primary research for strategy development. Led the development of a new website, PPC and SEO plan.
• Successfully led the pitch to win the J.M. Smuckers and Arhaus Furniture accounts. Spearheaded the creation of pioneering websites, digital marketing, and public relations campaigns for both accounts.
Provider Account Manager
March 1997 to July 1999
Anthem (subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc.) is a health benefits company serving 34 million individuals, with $59.9 billion in revenue.
Impact: With the Anthem Workers’ Compensation team, helped develop the first Workers’ Compensation provider network for the state of Ohio to support the new Workers’ Compensation business unit.
• Responsible for contract development and provider relationships for the Northern Ohio Workers’ Compensation Network.
• Established provider relationships to ensure contract compliance and consulted with providers on issue resolutions.
• Researched provider networks to ensure they met state guidelines and Anthem’s requirements for large employer groups.
• Developed provider materials and communication plans used for statewide mailings, educational events and workshops.
• Conducted employer education and training in one-on-one, hospital, urgent care, and special events forums.
Anthem Senior Advantage (ASA) Sales Representative
July 1996 to March 1997
• Conducted sales seminars and one-on-one sales meetings to increase ASA membership.
• Awarded highest sales recognition for six consecutive months.
January 1991 to July 1996
Major health benefits company, serving populations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky.
Impact: Launched the company’s first Ohio office. Increased sales from start-up to $7.7 million in five years. Hired and trained 10 sales agents to support sales goals and market demand.
• Orchestrated integrated, multilayered marketing campaigns that asserted continuous market pressure, including TV, direct mail, radio, outdoor, print, web and events.
• Identified, established and maintained relationships with key healthcare executives, practice groups, employer associations, trade unions, and other healthcare influencers to increase brand awareness and sales opportunities.
Master of Arts in English Literature
Bachelor of Science in Education
>Specialties: Strategic Communications • Brand Building and Governance • E-Commerce • Search Engine Marketing • Email Marketing • Social Marketing • Mobile Marketing • Internet Channel Marketing • Internet Pay Per Click Advertising •Trade Media Relations • Database/Direct Marketing • Process and Operational Improvement > Systems Experience: Microsoft Office • Adobe CQ • SAP • ERP • CRM • radian6 • Hootsuite • Google Analytics.
Sales & Marketing Executives of Cleveland
Action Plan Marketing Roundtable Group
American Marketing Association