Willing to relocate to: Lexington, KY - Louisville, KY - Nashville, TN
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
2015 to Present
• Serving as a full-time management consultant for Centene's Texas operations, a $5B company, providing support for projects where there is a lack of internal resources to focus on projects such as:
◦ Planning facility space needs for 2400+ employees across 10 locations
◦ Developing project plan for workforce management system (Workday) clean-up
◦ LEAN project participant to create a pilot project to represent future state plan for workforce management system (Workday); establishing the who, what, when and where of data flow and ownership
• Assist with year-end G/L clean-up, account reconciliations and journal entries
Manager, Finance and Interim Controller
2011 to 2014
• Established new operational processes for inpatient cost tracking ($6M+ monthly expense in CA; $13M+ monthly expense in KY).
• Developed temporary employee and consultant expense tracker for new operations to track
professional overhead expenses in excess of $300K monthly.
• Promoted into a floating Manager, Finance position to support company business units requiring expertise within existing plans as well as initial on-boarding of new health plans.
• Served as Finance Manager and Interim Controller for two state health plans.
• Planned, directed, supervised and coordinated work activities of Finance staff.
• Produced monthly financial reports and variance analysis to management.
• Evaluated member medical costs and provide expense estimates to Corporate Accounting for monthly accruals. Analyzed claims data for appropriate payment and expense recognition.
• Monitored business processes and systems to assure integrity in the data produced; developed process improvement strategies such as cost estimate tracking and analysis.
• Generated and reviewed ad-hoc reports related to quality, cost and effectiveness of healthcare services.
• Provided financial and business analysis as requested. Determined appropriate actions and present to upper management; i.e. membership and cost trend analytics.
• Developed monthly/quarterly/annual forecast and budget updates.
• Reviewed journal entries, managed monthly financial reports and variance analysis to management and provided guidance and oversite of monthly reporting package.
• Served as liaison between Corporate and Business Unit functions regarding financial matters related to revenue and expense recognition and variance details.
2004 to 2011
• Promoted 4 times in 7 years - Progressed from Senior Accountant to Accounting Manager
• Developed customer rebate tracker for calculating volume rebates that exceeded $3M per quarter.
• Maintained fixed asset inventory with a NBV of more than $12M
• Facilitated and managed the financial reporting and inventory control functions for the North American subsidiary.
• Managed 7 staff and senior level accountants in addition to the delegation of duties to others within the accounting department; duties included recruitment, hiring, training and performance management of all employees.
• Coordinated and managed annual audit to ensure expectations were met and audit schedules were completed timely; reviewed all audit schedules and communicated with internal and external auditors on internal controls and procedures.
• Analyzed monthly financial statements and other reporting documents.
• Review account details for possible erroneous or unusual transactions.
• Ensured all financial close and audit deadlines were met.
• Forecasted end of month results.
• Managed and monitored inventory transactions flowing from the production plant to end consumers.
• Maintained appropriate inventory costs in ERP system.
• Communicated and coordinated with departments throughout the company on special projects and programs that impacted financial results. Examples include: new product set-up, system testing and physical inventory audits.
2003 to 2004
2002 to 2003
BS in Accounting
• Modeling/Ad-hoc Analysis
• Variance Analytics
• Talent Development
• Account Reconciliations
• Journal Entry Review
• General Ledger Maintenance
• Cross-Functional Team Player