Enthusiastic team - player, manages complex tasks and meets critical deadlines. Well organized, detailed-oriented, contributor as a top performer. Easily adapts to ever changing environments and challenges. Technical skills: Windows, Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Power Point, Banking Fraud systems, Falcon Pin, SAR, FDR, FDWC, Hogan, LAD, Fast Data, Sentry, Chex Systems, IBHF, HELOC, Early Warning Systems, CitiSmart, EWS, Lotus notes, 10- Key by touch and Typing 35-40 wpm.
Risk Operations Fraud Investigator IV
June 2011 to Present
• Investigate, identify and monitor checking, savings, credit card, ATM check card accounts to prevent account take over, victim and suspect fraud.
• Review between 240-250 frauds alerts while maintaining excellent quality and providing top performance.
• Provide guidance and shares knowledge/technical expertise to staff and management.
• Handle escalated customer calls while maintaining excellence customer service.
• Establish and prevented million dollars loss by using investigative skills recognizing fraud patterns in region, address, name, business names and social security number.
• Review checking account, savings, and credit card transactions, balance transfers, payments and changes made to account profile to determine victim or suspect fraud.
• Follows procedures to complete the most complex assignments with minimal supervision and resolves complex problems that require in depth-investigation or research.
• Serves as lead on special projects as assigned.
Risk Operations Fraud Investigator
April 2007 to July 2010
• Handled and reviewed 140-160 fraud alerts while maintaining excellent quality and providing top performance.
• Complete (SAR) Suspicious Activity Reporting to comply with company/government regulations, policies and procedures.
• Review consumer accounts, business accounts and mortgage accounts to prevent Money Laundering/Suspicious Activity.
• Investigate, identify and monitor checking, savings and CD accounts, to mitigate loss exposure.
• Established and prevented million dollar loss fraud ring by using investigation skills performing patterns in region, address, name, business names and social security number.
• Recommended and help implement report changes based on fraud patterns.
• Partnered with other banking institutions to identify kiting patterns using in house fraud tools.
• Entered data in loss management systems, reporting customer to chex systems in order to prevent loss for other banking institutions.
• Provided guidance and shared knowledge/ technical expertise to staff and management.
• Act as back up lead to distribute and monitor workflow.
• Assisted with coaching, training and shared best practices for lower performing investigators.
• Responsible for reviewing and editing operating instruction before distributed to staff.
• Assisted manager/team leads with special projects to ensure 100% completion of work load.
• Promoted to the Audit Team: Completed monthly performance audits while providing immediate feedback to the investigator to decrease error ratio.
• Analyzed and investigated fraudulent activity including Kiting, Fraud rings, Counterfeit checks, Online fraud, Account take over, New account fraud, Card fraud and negative activity.
Real Estate Agent & Loan Consultant
March 2006 to April 2007
• Assisted clients with the purchase/or sale of home.
• Pre-qualify clients with loans, providing credit counseling and suggestions to improve credit score.
• Assisted seller with prepping home to ensure an immediate sale.
• Used marketing skills including creation of open house newsletter and publishing of new listings.
• Updated Metro listings with quality pictures of home to ensure quick sale.
Risk Operations Fraud Investigator
April 2003 to March 2006
• Prescreen new accounts, verifying all customer information is valid, including social security number, passport, and date of birth, address and no negative reporting using Fast Data.
• Reviewed and monitored new account to prevent and detect suspect fraud.
• Handled and resolved escalated fraud calls for both inbound/outbound.
October 2001 to April 2003
• Life Licensed Agent. New account services, cross sales, investment products and IRA accounts.
• Assisted customers with loan process, home equity, line of credit, and personal loans.
• Trained, coached and developed new hires, tellers, personal bankers and management.
• Completed inventory, audits, outbound phone calls to complete new account set up.
• Top sales representative every quarter.
• Perform Teller duties as needed such as balancing cash draw, balancing ATM deposit, selling cashier check's, process all customer account deposits and withdrawals.
• Ability to identify customer's financial services needs and cross sell services to meet those needs.
April 1999 to October 2001
• Assisted customer with their banking needs.
• Cross- Sales of bank products and/or refer to investment sale.
• Served as a translator for Hmong and Laos speaking customers.
• Participate in special promotions and bank campaigns.
• Top performers every quarter.
• Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with various business groups to maximize sale opportunities and customer service.
• Cohen Brown Extraordinary Sale Leadership 2000 Training.
AA in Liberal Studies