I am a friendly, loyal and dedicated individual who has an ambition to succeed in any given environment. I have enjoyed success working in the medical field in emergency room, cardiology and physical therapy facilities; I am sensitive and supportive to patients and a competent employee. My responsibilities for the administrative operations of a public school special education department were impeccable I am a self starter, motivated and also capable of following any new direction with an open mind for change and improvement. I would bring enthusiasm and experience to your team.
August 2011 to September 2011
• Greet and register patients
• T19 insurance verification, able to accurately verify insurance info
• Update Front Office with accurate patient information
• Receive co-payments and balance cash at end of shift
• Answer phones
Special Education Secretary
August 2007 to August 2011
• Maintain district master files on all special education and related services.
• Manage district data base/information systems pertaining to all students.
• Schedule all Planning and Placement Team meetings with parents, staff and outside specialists to include correspondence via phone, letter, email.
• Assist in preparation of all necessary data required for the State Department of Education and Federal reports.
Senior Account Representative
September 1991 to June 2003
• Maintain large insurance data base of approx. 78 sites for support and training throughout several states.
• Ability to form trust through knowledge of product and interpersonal skills.
• Coordinate and schedule travel to client sites.
February 1989 to April 1990
• Offered on-line technical support for HP LaserJet printers.
• Customer call backs and customer response letters.
• Able to keep customers calm while trouble-shooting technical issues.
Patient Intake Specialist
January 1980 to September 1987
• Intake of demographic data from patients in the emergency room and inpatient office.
• Insurance verification.
• Skilled in triage training and able to escort patients to rooms.
• Work directly with doctors and nurses to insure patient comfort.
• Assist in minor procedures.
• Able to remain calm in emergency situations.
• Medical transcription
Medical Terminology Course