• Business Partner with a strong foundation across HR disciplines. Experience includes domestic and international operations, private and public companies in both Corporate and Field roles.
• Coach to senior management and staff for business activities and facilitation of HR processes and solutions. Uphold and facilitate all HR processes, programs and Company initiatives. Craft and deliver specific solutions based on client need.
• Knowledge Areas include: Leadership Development, Succession Planning, Global Teams, Training & Development, Mergers & Acquisitions, Employee Relations, Process Improvement, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Training and Project Management.
September 2013 to Present
KNOWLEDGE MATTERS 2013 to Present
Human Resources Consultant providing a wide range of HR expertise and services. Sample Projects include: Interim HR Manager – Manufacturing; Talent Acquisition Strategy for a Small Market: Remote Management Framework for Skills Training: Growing a Company Culture in a Start Up; Stress Management Workshop - Manufacturing Environment.
July 2007 to Present
•Instructor for graduate level Human Resources courses: Leading the Employment Function, Training & Development, and Managing in International Settings.
Staffing & Operations Manager - Global Talent Management
September 2008 to May 2013
HITACHI DATA SYSTEMS, Santa Clara, CA 2008 – 2013
Global Talent Management Operations, Manager
Leveraged extensive HR background and Business Partner experience to provide outstanding operational insights and solutions.
• Established global reporting and analytics for process improvement and global standardization for Talent Acquisition and Talent Management.
o 80%+ improvement in data reliability and confidence in Human Resource data by Executives.
o Provided first consolidated recruitment spend on headcount mix/tools/sources and investment recommendations.
• Core team member and Subject Matter Expert for Taleo Recruitment software global implementation and subsequent upgrades. Provided training to regional leads, created training tools and delivered live sessions.
• Created and delivered virtual interview training solution to field sales staff.
• Member of company Corporate Social Responsibility core team, promoted company and local activities in support of Corporate Social Responsibility – both local and global views.
• Peer coach and leader to Americas Recruitment staff; mentor to HR staff members.
Sr. Director of Talent Management
August 2004 to June 2007
Designed and implemented a complete staffing function during significant organizational change and Business Partner to Corporate functions.
• Hired to work alongside the VPHR to design and implement a professional Human Resources organization.
• Evaluated workforce needs according to business segment and identified new locations in response to company growth. Site selection research included economic, population, education, household earnings, housing costs, accessibility and employment rates.
• Core member in start-up of three new business units; created job descriptions from manager interviews, economic market research, benchmarked compensation and determined recruitment avenues by job type.
• Selected and trained staff, created processes, tools, forms, an advertising program, internet resources, evaluated HRIS features and contributed to HR strategic plan and implementation.
Human Resource Manager
1998 to 2004
•Orchestrated a management forum for global team of 25 managers; topics included virtual team leadership, coaching remote employees, leading through change, dealing with loss and general leadership and managerial skill development.
•Conceived, created and delivered a leadership seminar for a multi-country team of 15 managers and 60 employees; concepts included building relationships, opening communication channels, understanding power structures and breaking barriers between employees.
•Partnered with senior manager for an off-shore move of US work. Provided HR and communications from initial plan approval, manager speaking points, interviewing of management candidates (Mexico and India) through marketing employees to other business units. Resulted in successful transition of work with no decrease in performance, unexpected resignations or management turnover.
•Facilitated year-long team-building program for senior team post Compaq merger. Included Getting to Know Each Other, Learning to Work Together, Business Fundamentals and Planning Cycles.
MBA in Human Resources Administration
BS in Behavioral Science
SPHR, GPHR, HCS (Human Capital Strategist) Designations/Certifications