Inventory Control Manager
April 2012 to Present
Report directly to the Director of Global Supply Chain
• Manage the Inventory Control Team, providing direction and leadership to ensure that business objectives are met.
• Plan, organize and coordinate the development of relevant documentation needed for audit reviews.
• Directly manage a team of four salaried inventory control analysts and indirectly twenty-five hourly warehouse & receiving employees.
• Define and report department key performance indicators (KPI).
• Manage the department 5S program.
January 2012 to April 2012
Managed the daily work for a team of six hourly union employees in the warehousing, receiving, and shipping departments.
• Responsible for creating, monitoring, and reporting key performance indicators.
• Provide leadership and training to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
• Schedule and coordinate activities to fulfill orders and deliver materials to the assembly lines as needed.
June 2008 to January 2012
Managed a team of twelve hourly union employees in the warehousing, receiving, and shipping departments.
• Design and implement material storage layouts to improve FIFO management and reduce time required to find and pick orders.
• Member of a cross-functional team tasked with improving the material scrapping process.
• Developed an online tool for scheduling incoming deliveries.
• Implemented cost effective controls over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, and wages.
• Maintained optimal production levels and efficient use of labor, machines, and equipment.
September 2006 to June 2008
Reported directly to the Operations Manager
• Assisted the Operations Manager in recruiting, training, and managing a team of four Group Leaders.
• Assisted offsite business partner in developing improved processes through implementation of the principles of the Toyota Production System.
• Developed a tool for managing the inventory of corrugated packaging to reduce shortages and aged inventory.
• Drove continuous improvement within workforce through mentoring and coaching.
2nd Shift Group Leader
May 2003 to September 2006
Managed the daily work for thirty hourly material handlers in the warehousing, receiving, and shipping departments.
• Lead Auditor of the organization's ISO14001 program.
• Managed the 2nd shift 5S program.
• Encouraged team member participation in company kaizen award program which rewarded employees for continuous improvement ideas.
• Managed an offsite packaging and distribution center.
Billing and Shipping Supervisor
August 2002 to June 2003
Managed a team of two salaried billing associates and ten hourly union material handlers.
• Created and documented standard operating procedures.
• Provided quick and efficient customer service to internal and external customers.
Masters of Science in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Continuous Improvement Leadership
SOP Generation Problem Solving
SAP Professional Development & Networking
Facilitation Planning & Reporting
Planning & Reporting Team Work
Communication Toyota Production System
Fluent in Italian and English ISO14001 Lead Auditor