Areas of expertise:
• Local & Remote Support
• Customer Service Operations / Relations
• Website Support
• Network Systems Support
• Communication Systems Support
• Program & Project Support
• Change Control Management
• Freelance PC Support
IT Contract Support
June 2011 to Present
• Provide general on-site and remote hardware/software, and network connectivity troubleshooting and support
• Provide support for Point Of Sale repair/upgrades
• Install and uninstall IT related hardware
February 2009 to Present
• While attending school full-time, provided general on-site PC, printer and network support
• Provided remote support for PC, printers and home networks
PC Support Administrator
October 2008 to February 2009
• Provide on-site and remote PC and printer support.
• Daily Citrix application server connection support.
• Clean machines infected with recent malware.
• Maintain Active Directory account information.
• Basic network connectivity troubleshooting & support.
PC/Network Support / File Assistant
January 2007 to June 2008
• Provide contracted support to perform the necessary duties needed for on-site and remote software support, and hardware troubleshooting, and clone PC's for distribution.
• Trained new employees, as well as perform the necessary duties needed to perform network administration support of user accounts, email, desktop PC's, etc.
October 2005 to January 2006
• Provide phone support, server support, and up-time monitoring for the network.
• Update web pages, in both a Windows and Linux environment, supporting major government websites, including;
DHS.GOV - Department of Homeland Security
READY.GOV - Department of Homeland Security
DISASTERHELP.GOV - An online initiative for enhancing disaster management
CMI-SERVICES.ORG -A site enabling emergency responders to share information
• Provide documentation to assist in the training of new employees, by adding screenshots of processes, as well as step by step, verbatim descriptions for entry level technicians.
IT Desktop Technician/Customer Support/Relations
August 2004 to October 2005
• Perform the necessary duties needed to provided on-site, remote, and on call hardware and software support, to all end users in a company of approximately 4000 employees in cities across the country.
Perform the necessary duties needed to provide network printer support. Network administration of user accounts, email accounts, Mac and Windows desktop computers, laptops, and printers through Active Directory, for users and devices located at the company training facility, headquarters, the airport hangar, and the Dulles International Airport main terminal buildings.
• Traveled to outstation airports across the US to troubleshoot WYSE terminal clients, network equipment, and plane ticket kiosks.
• Perform the necessary duties needed to provide computer support via telephone, on-site visits and remote assistance for configuring, maintaining, repairing and otherwise supporting desktop computers, software applications, and related peripheral equipment in a networked corporate environment.
• Punch-down, cross-connect, rebuild, and/or troubleshoot phones on both Nortel and Cisco IP phone systems.
IT Project Specialist
June 2003 to August 2004
• Provided end-user support throughout a rapidly expanding network serving 125+ employees with growth from 2 to 5 physical sites
• Designed and developed comprehensive Symantec anti-virus and Zone Labs Integrity Intrusion Detection systems throughout the enterprise network
• Successful deployment of 125+ new and/or re-imaged PC's utilizing secured desktop configurations using local machine restriction policies
• Trained new employees on, as well as perform the necessary duties needed to develop a set of standardized configuration images for each standardized PC computing platform using Symantec Ghost
• Researched, tested, and implemented Intuit Track-It Deploy and Microsoft SUS software deployment and patch management services
• Test website using Contribute and Dreamweaver
February 2002 to November 2002
• Assist in cross-functional teams consisting of Product Management and Customer Service to plan and support product releases, manage product launches and train support groups to ensure project success.
• Provide training assistance in a cross-functional Business Process Improvement team to transform the entire Domain Name Renewal business. This effort entailed designing customer support productivity flow-charts to map out and analyze for development of more efficient work flow, as well as implementation of the processes.
• Development, creation, and revision of customer service business processes using Microsoft Visio and other software
• Most work performed in Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Collect and analyze data from a Siebel database from customer/partner support team performance to measure productivity.
IT Project Specialist / Management
November 1999 to January 2002
• Worked in many project areas across complex systems, to help coordinate infrastructure system changes.
• Aided in development, definition, implementation, support and documentation of all infrastructure change policy.
• Managed Change Control policies and procedures for an ever-changing IT environment
• Assisted with the moving of Office and Data Center to a new facility, including live systems within SLA's.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating NT Server environment, including patch levels and anti-virus definitions
A.A.S. in Computer Information Systems
Areas of expertise:
Local & Remote Support • Customer Service Operations / Relations • Website Support • Network Systems Support • Communication Systems Support
Program & Project Support • Change Control Management • Freelance PC Support