I will drive your boat! I am looking for winter gigs somewhere warm to drive your ship.
I have captain experience driving 22 and 49 passenger 45' twin outboard pontoons, as well as 25' single screw motor launches. I have been a deckhand or mate on various day sail and charter schooners in the Great Lakes and Bahamas.
UPDATE: I am in the process of upgrading my license to Master 100 ton, Near Coastal!
ART and DESIGN (Taking new clients)
I make art! Looking to make art for cities, techno artists, musicians, bands, posters, poets, albums, books, wedding invites, and more!
I produce professional graphic design, illustration, art, maps, and printed material.
• Poster, print, fliers, banners, buttons and other creative promotional material research, design, and printing.
• Map making for books or games with pen and ink, vector, or raster graphics.
• Tablet and pen and ink to Raster / Vector
• Custom map design for books, tabletop games, online interactive, and artwork
CODING: (Not currently taking new clients)
I am a professional freelance WordPress consultant, development, design, and CSS expert with over a decade of experience creating websites from concept to launch. All sites hand coded in PHP/CSS. Extensive use and customization of WordPress, including responsive / mobile CSS, plugin modification and scratch-built themes.
• WordPress design, code, hacking and development
• WooCommerce installation and setup
• Quick turn around WordPress troubleshooting and code / graphics fixes
• PSD to HTML5 graphics and code
• Google Adsense, Analytics, / Social Media integration
• UX, UI Design and Development
• Code / CSS / responsive site optimization and code tweaks
• American Association of Endodontists
• American Student Dental Association
• Bravo Restaurants
• Dead 2 Me Records
• Gothic Funk Press
• Kroeschell, Inc
• Lake Forest School of Graduate Management
• Milwaukee School of Engineering
• Open Ocean Creative
• RESCU Foundation
• SAVO Group
• Smith Bucklin
• Tall Ship Red Witch
• Two x Four
• Zacks Investment Management
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Charter Boat Captain
July 2017 to Present
Drive various 40 to 45 foot, twin outboard pontoon boats on the Milwaukee Rivers and outer harbor. Vessels are 22 and 49 passenger, and most charters are two to four hours.
DJ on occasion if the passengers have terrible taste in music.
July 2017 to Present
Seasonal job. Operate tender, taking boat owners to their boats. Assist in fueling, pump out, and general maintenance and cleanliness of yacht club.
Freelance Web Developer and Designer
2005 to Present
• Design and develop websites based on client supplied designs
• Edit premium WP themes and build custom functionality
• Produce one page sites, microsites, and HTML emails
• WP Database transfers, installs, and setups
• Maintain daily contact with clients, and teams of developers using Skype and SVN
• Ability to meet on-site in Chicago area, as well as hold regular meetings online
• Troubleshoot and fix WordPress sites that were abandoned by previous teams or developers
• Work solo or with a team to produce sites
• PSD to WordPress
• jQuery, Bootstrap, Jetpack, WordFence and Google Fonts integration
• Google Analytics, SEO optiization and plugins, Adsense/Adwords
• Recognized locally as one of their most reliable WP developers
WordPress, SVN, Skype, CSS, HTML, Responsive CSS, Email design
Freelance WordPress Developer, Cartographer and Graphic Designer
2003 to Present
• Build and convert responsive websites and CSS.
• WordPress design, development, coding, installation and updates.
• Tweak themes and styles for existing websites.
• Migrate WordPress databases and environments.
• Graphic design including posters, fliers, web banners.
• Create hand drawn and digital maps.
• Create maps for RPGs, games, illustrations, novels, books and prints.
• Configure websites for SEO, Analytics, Adsense and/or Adwords.
• Artwork contributed to several successful Kickstarters, books, and an indie film
PHP, CSS, CSS3, HTML, XHTML, HTML5, Jquery, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
Tender Boat Captain
August 2016 to October 2016
Licensed tender captain. Ferry boaters to and from their boats in all manner of wind and waves. Drive 25' single screw motor launch.
May 2011 to October 2015
Maintain and upkeep 77' wooden schooner, sail and adapt to rapidly changing weather
• Train new crew and instruct volunteers, manage onboard and underway public relations
• Basic woodworking and carpentry
• Bosun work, rigging, lines, sail mending and handling
• Assist USCG Inspections and operate MOB, etc drills
February 2002 to August 2004
Install/setup software on student and faculty laptops in a fast and efficient manner.
• Face-to-face and telephone tech support, troubleshooting and software repair.
• Working knowledge of PCs/Macs, and a variety of software.
Asst Technical Director / Sound Technician
2002 to 2003
• Build stage and setup lighting/sound systems.
• Run mixer/sound board for musical theater, sound effects and live music.
Master Captain in 100 ton, sail aux, inland + Great Lakes, STCW95, Assist Tow
2016 to 2016
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Imaging
Master Captain, Merchant Mariner Credential
November 2015 to November 2020
Master Of Self-Propelled Vessels Including Auxiliary Sail Of Less Than 100 Gross Register Tons (GRT) Upon Great Lakes and Inland Waters.
Tall Ship Sailor,
Master Captain - Licensed Merchant Mariner,
Steampunk and NERF Prop and Costume Maker,
100% Freelance Web Developer / Graphic Designer,