Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Experience and leadership positions in business and academia
• Strong communication and soft skills
• Permanent resident; dual citizen (German, Turkish); fluent in three languages
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Lab System Administrator, Instructor
July 2014 to Present (2 years)
• Cisco Networking 1 and 2 using Cisco Network Academy’s CCNA preparation material, UNIX and TCP/IP, Network Security+ (CompTIA Security+), Computer Repair (CompTIA A+), Advanced Network Hardware (CompTIA Network+), and Intro to SQL. All courses have labs and/or hands-on components.
IT Consultant, Systems Architect
August 2013 to Present (2 years, 11 months)
• Analyze/ design/ build/ maintain information systems. Hardware and software support.
Visiting Assistant Professor
November 2012 to August 2013 (9 months)
(9 month contract)
• Evaluating Software for Security, Computer Security Policies and Disaster Recovery, Information Systems Intrusion Detection, General Computer Security Administration, Web Access and System Design, Intro to Computer Hardware Organization (with lab), and Computer Applications for Business.
Operations Research Analyst, System Administrator
July 2011 to August 2012 (1 year, 1 month)
IT/quality/project manager; maintenance of computers and network; analysis of enterprise processes;
improvement/design/implementation/revision of policies, processes, and procedures.
• Supervised and worked on patching, troubleshooting, and purchasing of IT related products such as servers, PCs, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, phone system, and software.
Testing and implementation of new software products as well as creating tutorials and training of personnel.
• Lead project team for the Governor's Quality Award application. Categories: Leadership; Strategic
Planning; Customer Focus; Measurement, Analysis, and Knowledge Management; Workforce Focus;
Operations Focus; and Results. Freight Systems, Inc. won the Achievement Award, which is the second
highest of the four levels of recognition.
• Business improvement through my work shown with some Key Performance Indicators and their change in annual savings/gain: 1) Revenue per mile $1.72 million (11%); 2) Truck idle time $1.04 million
(30%); 3) Fuel efficiency $1 million (12%); 4) OTR maintenance cost $105,000 (17%)
Murat Al, (501) 442-1910, firstname.lastname@example.org
January 2011 to June 2011 (5 months)
• Systems Analysis and Development, Introduction to Information Systems, Fundamentals of Math.
Lab Technician, Instructor, Researcher
August 2006 to December 2010 (4 years, 4 months)
• Development of secure communication mechanisms for Wireless Sensor Networks.
• Taught introductory computer science courses and labs.
Information Assurance, Quality Management, Project Management, and Compliance Management
February 1993 to July 2006 (13 years, 5 months)
Various IT-related Positions February 1993 - July 2006
• Information Assurance, Quality Management, Project Management, and Compliance Management. Also
visited and held seminars on some of these topics.
• Involved in both, the planning and putting into operation of new business units as well as in the downsizing of existing business units.
• Constantly changing environment due to expansion, relocation, and creation of new business units.
Installation of equipment such as routers, switches, hubs, servers, workstations, and phones.
Computer Technician, Consultant, Systems Architect
January 1992 to July 2005 (13 years, 6 months)
• Built computer systems and networks for businesses, non-profits and consumers. Needs analysis,
planning and cost estimation, system design/ build/ delivery, training, and after-sales support.
• Repair and maintenance of network equipment, servers, PCs, and printers/copiers. Hardware support such as changing components and software support such as patches, backups, and malware removal.
T-Systems (Division of German Telecom) Darmstadt, Germany
February 2003 to July 2003 (5 months)
• Lead team of four researchers in the “MPEG-4 Systems” project. Market players and their product application areas, existing technologies, and development tools.
September 2002 to February 2003 (5 months)
• Worked with IT department on maintaining network infrastructure. Installation/repair of equipment such as routers and switches, troubleshooting, and computer support.
• Assembly, production, and testing of electronic modules.
Quality Control Inspector
August 1990 to January 1992 (1 year, 5 months)
• Inspected circuit boards at various stages; design, print, assembly, soldering, and function testing.
M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunications and Computer Technology
B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering/ Power Systems Engineering