Milwaukee County, WI
As an accomplished Executive Assistant, Administrative, Personal Assistant and Office Manager, I understand that some of the best attributes are professionalism, stability, reliability, loyalty and perseverance. I strive to uphold all of these traits in my professional work, and due to a return to the Midwest, I am looking for an immediate opportunity in southeastern Wisconsin / northern Illinois providing long-term support serving one principal, manager or team. It is my professional goal is to apply all of my professional and personal skills to making their lives more organized and worry-free. In return, my passion and loyalty to my organization will be strong and rewarding!
Sr. Administrative Associate to the Director of Customer Relations
June 2014 to October 2014
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically advanced business jet aircraft. Gulfstream has produced more than 2,200 aircraft for customers around the world since 1958. The company employs more than 14,000 people at 12 major locations.
• Advanced administrative support to the office of the Director, Customer Relations
• Calendar management, schedule and travel coordination
• Departmental meeting support
• Performs a wide range of special projects as assigned
Reason for leaving: return to the Midwest for family obligations
Executive Assistant to the CEO/ CTO and COO
August 2012 to August 2013
PIXIA is the industry leader in high-performance scalable data access solutions for a variety of high-volume data problems, specializing in the storage and access of big data storage. Clients include the Department of Defense and other government agencies. Founded in 1999, the business grew from 12 employees to 66 highly talented and technical staff members.
* Provided direct executive support to the company's top 2 ranking executives
* Controlled extensive calendar functions and professional communications for the executives
* Organized conference rooms and client meetings; prepared office for high level guests
* Coordinated domestic and international travel arrangements
* Compiled extensive expense reports; manages office comforts, such as crystal and wine collection
Reason for leaving: Pending company sale
Executive Assistant / Office Manager for the VP of Communications & Public Affairs
April 2011 to August 2012
Chevy Chase, MD April 2011 - August 2012
HHMI is a nonprofit medical research organization that ranks as one of the nation's largest philanthropies, playing a prominent role in advancing biomedical research and science education in the United States.
* Assisted the entire Communications team, producing a quarterly publication to announce all medical research updates. Gathered and verified data, coordinated articles and supervised Editor Assistant
* Organized crucial department functions, including budget control, calendars and travel arrangements
* Managed special events, from in-house author signings to well known speakers: coordinated media, received guests, prepared meeting space for up to 300 guests
Reason for leaving: manager resigned, no other roles available.
Executive Assistant to the Director of Corporate Business Systems
2010 to 2011
HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organizations serving some 58 million customers.
* Handled all administrative support to high profile, extremely busy executive, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and meeting coordination
* Provided additional team support: monthly expense reports/credit card reconciliations, coordination of new employee onboarding, supplies management, distribution of meeting agendas
Reason for leaving: corporate layoffs and closure of location.
Executive Assistant to the Chief Commercial Officer
2009 to 2010
Joined world-recognized brewer shortly after merger of the two large corporations. Position required extensive coordination with CEO office in Golden, CO as well as Board Operations at SAB Miller (London, UK) and MolsonCoors (Canada)
* Created overall workflow and organization for office, including: professional communications routing and management; calendar upkeep; travel arrangements and records management system
* Instrumental in opening Chicago Headquarters: assisted with press conferences and Mayor's office
Reason for leaving: change in management; new managers already possessed Executive Assistants
Corporate Secretary / Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
2004 to 2008
TTX Company is North America's leading provider of railcars and related freight car management services to the North American rail industry, with a pool of over 200,000 railcars.
* As an Officer of the Company, created and maintained all corporate records; attended Board and shareholder meetings for official minutes and actions; oversee corporate compliance
* Organized professional/personal calendars and travel arrangements; international travel with Principal
* Known for creating unique and impactful corporate events, including golf retreats, Board meetings. Organized golf tournaments for 200+ clients, with branded gifts and well-known golf speakers
Personal Assistant Functions:
* Support for 3 additional Board positions held by the Principal: for-profit, non-profit and association
* Maintained three bank accounts, including business expenses, plane expenses and charitable giving
* Coordinated personal light aircraft - navigation chart procurement, FAA weather reports; expense tracking and research; compilation/distribution of aircraft cost/insurance reports
* Managed luxury timeshare property: rental arrangements, researched sales, monthly/annual expenses
* Arranged maintenance vendors for homes in Chicago, IL and Cape Cod, MA
* Organized and executed charity events
Reason for leaving: Principal retired.
Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant to Chairman & CEO
1998 to 2001
Manufacturer of disposable consumer paper products formed 1997 by the merger of Fort Howard Corporation with James River Corporation. Fort James was acquired by Georgia Pacific in 2000.
* Facilitate office relocation, including dressing dining areas and hiring/ training Executive Assistant staff
* Arranged domestic and international travel, both commercial and corporate jet; accompanied Principal
* Discovered unique domestic and international locations for corporate retreats and Board meetings: scouted locations, negotiated contracts, secured entertainment and commissioned creative features
Personal Assistant Functions:
* Conducted personal gift shopping for corporate use
* Worked with staff chauffeurs and security staff to synchronize travel and other considerations
* Communicated with other staff members at 3 homes in London, Florida and Illinois
Reason for leaving: corporate merger.
Additional Experience of Note
For over 10 years, provided dedicated support and customer service in the Airline industry. Roles included Flight Attendant, In-flight Scheduling and In-Flight Supervisor. Reason for leaving: time to raise family.
1992 to 1994
Expense reconciliation and accounting
Coordinated corporate moves and relocation
Vendor management and contract negotiations
Meeting and event planning
IT coordination, A/V & presentation coordination
Extremely organized, professional and confidential
Excellent time management and calendar skills
Domestic/ international travel, commercial and private Event planning and execution
Computer Expertise: Highly advanced MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook; Concur; SharePoint; Lotus Notes; SAP; Windows 98/XP/Vista; Internet Searches; Social Networking, QuickBooks. Tele/video conferencing. Apple products, MAC experience.