Conscientious and patient-oriented with over five years successful experience in medical settings including hospitals, along with a small medical start-up promoting senior care services.
Emergency Room Technician
2009 to 2010
2008 to 2009
HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE
2006 to 2007
• Patient technical procedures including phlebotomy, vital signs, 12 lead EKG's, wound care, catheter placement, retrieving lab specimens, diabetes testing.
• Performed blood draws by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods while ensuring sterility of all instruments, needles, syringes, or related items.
• Disposal of blood and other biohazard fluids/tissue, in accordance with applicable laws.
• Quality patient care/safety assurance.
• Strong knowledge in the use of glucose monitors, restraint techniques, and patient lifts.
• Senior care marketing with sales presentations/trade shows.